This blog is relevant to all LiveCycle Content Services customers who are using CS directly or might be using applications that use CS (like CM 2.5 or customized Workspace to use CS in background).
In case if you see any inconsistency in search results of the assets that are stored in Content Services then you may follow below steps to troubleshoot that issue.
I would recommend performing these on development and test environments and not on production system. These steps do not cause any side effects but it is advised to perform these in assistance with LiveCycle support if you are doing it on production systems ( just to avoid any user errors while performing these steps)
One of the reasons for search result inconsistency could be due to cache. Follow the below steps to clear cache and then use your application to check if search results are as expected.
Steps to clean cache :
- Log on to http://hostname:port/contentspace as administrator
- In the same browser session change the above URL in address bar to http://[hostname]:[port]/contentspace/wcservice/adobe/cms/cleancache/webscript
- Hit Enter
- You would see a success message after the cache is cleaned
- Check the search behavior now from customized workspace UI and/or from CM Manage Assets UI
If the issue still persists , check if the indexes are out of sync
- Go to http://hostname:port/contentspace/service/enterprise/admin/indexcheck URL, login as administrator
- Click on Check all txn ids (warning: this may take some time)
Note: This operation will take some time and is recommended to be performed when the load on the system is very low (post business hours) or during weekends when no one or not many people are using the system for development or testing.
Also if your development or test system is cluster, perform these steps on all the nodes separately.