At times users may encounter the below error message with Title “Error – Server.Processing” and message “An error occured while fetching configuration”.
When the above message is shown on Correspondence Management Manage Assets UI screen , It could be due to either of the following two things :
- Experience Server is not properly configured with a Document Server or
- Experience Server is unable to communicate with the configured Document Server
How do I check if Experience Server is properly configured with a Document Server ( Issue # 1 above )?
1. If Experience Server is running on the same machine where Document Server is run in turnkey mode [ JBoss using default ports] no additional configuration is needed to be done by user , Experience server configurations include URL to connect to Document Server running on same machine using default JBoss port
2. If Experience Server is running on a different machine than the machine that runs Document Server or If Experience Server needs to use Document Server running on JBoss using non-default port of any other supported application server like WebLogic or WebSphere then follow below steps to check the configuratio
2.1 Log on to Felix Web console http://[hostname]:[port]/system/console/bundles as admin (default admin credentials , username : admin , password:admin )
2.2 Click “Document Services Settings” Tab
2.3 Enter correct Document Server Url , username , password and Experience Server Url values and click configure
If Experience Server is properly configured with Document Server but still you are seeing the above Error (Issue # 2 mentioned above)
- Then check if you are able to connect to Document Server from the machine where you are running Experience Server
- Try to access Document Server adminui page using a browser from Experience Server http://[hostname]:[port]/adminui
If you are thinking of why should we configure Experience Server with a Document Server?
- Correspondence Management needs ADEP Forms or Output running on Document Server in order to preview or submit any letter and to kick off any post-process if attached to the letter after letter submission
Refer to more detailed install docs on official Adobe help documentation for configuring Experience Server with Document Server.