Copy Pase layer structure now!

Facing problems while copy pasting layers and the layer structure not being respected.

Now worries now! Just use the extension created by Mayur

Download Link

9 Responses to Copy Pase layer structure now!

1. ben says:

so, rather than fix their buggy application, Adobe is going to rely on third party developers to hack up workaround extensions? What great support! Thanks, Adobe!Five months and counting with no Fireworks updates…

2. Sarthak says:

@benLooking at from a different perspective, Fireworks application has been architected in such a way that a developer with little knowledge can build similar useful utilities for the community.

3. ben says:

@SarthakIf that is your perspective, I can now see exactly why Adobe continually fails to ship quality software. Extensibility is great, but when your extensible architecture is being used to fix (and these aren’t really fixes) CORE FUNCTIONALITY of your application, you are devoting your time to the wrong features. We are talking about copying and pasting layers, and moving text objects–possibly two of the most basic, oft used functions of Fireworks, and they are BROKEN.

4. Sarthak says:

@benI am all ears for the features and functionality you would like to see get added into Fireworks.I was just trying to highlight another unknown capacity of Fireworks which is by no means the primary work we are always working on.

5. ben says:

@SarthakI’m not hoping to see any feature or functionality added to Fireworks. I simply want the core functionality of the application to work properly. The way you responded to my first comment, it seems like you (and Adobe) want to just ignore these dreadful bugs and talk about how what a great application you have. I think that’s ridiculous. What I’d like to hear is that 1. Adobe is aware of the problems with Fireworks CS4, 2. Adobe is actively working to resolve those issues, and has made this their first priority with Fireworks, and 3. Adobe expects to release and update to Fireworks in the near for that will resolve the problems.There are hundreds of posts on the Adobe message boards, and I’m sure there are millions of bug and crash reports flowing in, and Adobe has failed to even officially acknowledge these issues…it’s really unbelievable.

6. Sarthak says:

@BenI want to thank you for expressing your feelings and emotions.We are surely working on improving the core functionality of Fireworks.That leads me to a question as to what you define is the core functionality of Fireworks for you? Highlighting that will definitely help me in understanding Fireworks usage.To answer the queries you have.Adobe and the Fireworks team is aware of the problem and actively working and hard to resolve it.Fireworks team is planning for a release to sort out the text issues introduced in CS4 release.

7. Paul says:

@SarthakI certainly wouldn’t call copy + pasting and text boxes out of the scope of “core functionality.”How would you define it?

8. Sarthak says:

@PaulAgree 100% with you.

9. ben says:

@SarthakThanks, Sarthak. I appreciate your willingness to respond to my complaints. I hope you understand that it’s not personal–it’s just that you seem to be the only person at Adobe that will listen. I respect your passion for Fireworks, and I think we’d both like it to be the great piece of software that it could be.As for the core functionality of Fireworks, I feel it boils down to placing, organizing, and manipulating layers of objects and type in a pixel-based environment. And then optimizing those various elements for use on the web.The text bugs and layer bug directly affect that core functionality.Additionaly, user interface functionality is implicit in the core functionality – things like significant lag when selecting objects or crashes save prevent the user from using the software effectively.