Fireworks CS4 updater- Work in progress

It’s official now! Fireworks will be releasing a patch for the CS4 release version.

"The Fireworks team is actively working on a fix for the text-shifting bug and other bugs we know are causing real pain for Fireworks CS4 users. An update will be made available when we are confident that we have corrected the problems."

Some pain points getting addressed finally. Joy times ahead!

24 Responses to Fireworks CS4 updater- Work in progress

1. kosmar says:

good to hear that.

2. Matt Mitchell says:

Fantastic news. Any idea how long it will be?

3. Thanks goodness!The fix is much needed and long awaited.Fireworks CS4 has been a (debatable) downgrade for us, based on the fact that the Text Editor has been removed and the text glitch of note.We’d justified the upgrade based on the ability to save-and-export CSS type styles, but the square, swatch-style interface has been prohibitive to our use of it — that’s to say, we can’t tell one type style from the next when displayed only as a block. Perhaps a list view with thumbnail example would be a good option?Given every opportunity, I’ll evangelize the product, but it’s important to know that the product works properly, and consistently. : )Thanks for your help Sarthak, we greatly appreciate that our voice has been heard.

4. ben says:

yes! joy times indeed!

5. Matt Mitchell says:

very good point Mr Gunderson. I’d really like to see another way of seeing swatch colours. I have to use a very limited set of colours which are very close in tone. looking at the squares it’s almost impossible to tell them apart. In photoshop you’re able to view them as a list with accompanying text. Any chance Fw will have this any time soon?

6. Wonderful news! Fireworks just keeps getting better and better. Thanks so much for your hard work.

7. lauriz says:

great to hear. our agency had to downgrade again to cs3 to get work done. maybe with the update we will give the cs4 verison a new chance.

8. Arpan says:

That’s good to hear.Any idea if the selection bug is fixed? I am unable to select any elements on the page. If I select the item in the layers palatte it works. Directly selecting items doesn’t work. Even clicking multiple times fails to have an impact. This has made Fireworks unusable for me.I would use Illustrator instead, but it doesn’t keep pixel perfection and messes up the design.

9. vizio comp says:

Polygon lasso (Feature REQuEST/EnHancement: “Undo and redo selection” )I mean polygon lasso point selection to undo and redo or step backward and step forward the point selection. Also this feature doesn’t have on current version of photoshop.I’m working on a large image and sometimes I use polygon lasso tool to crop desired region on image but sometime I accidentally select or left click the mouse to the undesired region on image and I can’t undo the last selection.note:I’ve been waited to implement this on firworks cs4 but this does not fulfilled.and ’till now is waiting to implement thison fireworks cs5.

10. Simon says:

Adobe should send out the patch with a Visa Check Card to make up for all the hours lost due to a horribly developed product.

11. dave says:

I agree with Simon and my last question is: WHEN?

12. tom says:

Good. The most buggy piece of software I have ever had the misfortune to use. It’s surly a beta in retail packaging.Adobe should be ashamed of themselves. Any news when? maybe before CS5…

13. Henriko says:

Ohh yes! That is sweet news! I just turned back to Photoshop for one project but what a drag… so please Adobe – fix this for good!Thanks!/Henriko

14. russellx says:

Well crap… I hope it’s released before we upgrade at our paper.If not I’ll stick with Fireworks 4 in classic mode. Still better than having to use pshop for the web.

15. eric says:

Oh yeah!!! After 6 months of working with FWCS4 the bug patch is near! Can’t wait!

16. I am pretty happy about this! It’s been a long wait, and I hate the fact I’ve found myself using photoshop because although its slow, annoying and twice as complex as it needs to be, at least it works.When is this update coming?

17. Joe DaSilva says:

Hey Sarthak, any news on when this updater is going to hit? Thanks!

18. will says:

Hey Sarthak, do you have any idea when this fix is being released? Or even an estimate (this month, next month)????Thanks.

19. Sarthak says:

@AllMultiple people have asked as to how much time will the updater take.I cannot say for sure but it should be available soon is my personal expectation. Exact dates are difficult for me to disclose.The work is focused around it largely.

20. RichardWinter says:

Im very glad to hear it. This has been the bane of my life on what’s turned out to be the most dubious.If my company had not of forked out so much money on FW-CS4 I wouldn’t of used it.Good news it CS3 still ticks over great. Maybe CS4 will do the job we spent (and lost) a lot of our hard earned money on when CS5 is released.

21. And the FWCS3 Wins.After all this time, The CS4 still unusable. Appears the Adobe starts from the beginning the text engine.

22. Jana says:

I keep hitting Help > Updates just about every day hoping that the update will be found and installed…….already May now and still nothing.Please hurry already so I can uninstall CS3 once and for all!

23. Mauricio Dulce says:

Hello i need shop fw 8 but macromedia its ok, and the versions fo the adove suck, especially the lastthanks

24. Simon Goss says:

Downgraded to CS4 recently and can’t believe the hash they’ve made of Fireworks – they should be paying us for this mess.The button editing is unbelievably un-intuitive even compared to a version or two back – exporting images sometimes picks up a different open file instead of the one I’m trying to export!I’m sick of being suckered into a worthless upgrade that is less useful than my old version.While I’m at it what the hell happened to the incredibly useful “jump to graphics editor” feature of Photoshop CS2???