Fireworks CS4 10.0.3 update – clarification

Hope fully by now you would have installed the updates which went live yesterday. In case you have not done it, we recommend users to install this patch. I have received some queries on how the patch resolves the already infected Fireworks png files.

To clarify that point, the patch will NOT automatically realign all the text objects which have their bounding box shifted or jumped. There might be huge number of png files created in pre-patch version of Fireworks CS4 with this bug. The text objects which have been infected will need to be touched by changing any of the attribute to align the text characters and its corresponding blue bounding box.

Once this operation is done on the file, the text objects will not jump around. Even after applying the patch, the infected text objects will show a jump but that will be only once and not for the subsequent text nudges or aligns. In case you still find the text jumping with newly created files in post patch Fireworks CS4 build, please raise it.

7 Responses to Fireworks CS4 10.0.3 update – clarification

1. Ali Driver says:

thankyou! I can now use this product without shouting at the screen! OSX text box fireworks jump fix!

2. António Ferreira says:

Still missing the system anti-alias setting in the text tool…

3. Diane says:

I have just installed CS4 and I am still heving the same problem I have had with CS3. I have huge files that contain up to 50+ pgs. Sometimes as I scroll down to the last pgs, the application crashes on me. Since CS4, I have to save after almost every change, because it unexpectedly crashes in the middle of what I was doing.HELP!

4. Thomas Garrod says:

I’m not clear about this patch. I have version 10.0.0.495, but when I tried to install 10.0.3 I received the message that I already have the latest version.I’m looking because the text tool doesn’t work at all for me. When I try to add text, I don’t get a cursor in my dragged box. If I try to type, various other tools are selected (but no text).And btw: your Captcha is frequently unreadable.

5. Sarthak Singhal says:

@ThomasYou can alternately download the patch directly from http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html.I will check out the Captcha. Thanks for informing.

6. p.arora says:

Hi Sarthak,I don’t see the system anti-alias setting in the text tool, do you know what’s the issue?

7. Sarthak Singhal says:

@PrinceThe feature of System Anti Alias was taken off when we replaced the text engine inside Fireworks CS4. The system anti alias was present in Fireworks till CS3.