by Sarthak Singhal
Are you facing hangs, beach balls, wheel of death while working with Text tool on Fireworks CS4?
We have investigated the issue and the resolution is below: Steps to follow:
- Quit all the applications that are running.
- Navigate to “/Applications/Adobe Fireworks CS4/Required/” folder.
- Rename the file, “GlobalResources” to something like “GlobalResources_original”.
- Now copy the file from this link at the same location. (essentially we are replacing the old globalresources file with the one I have attached with this mail above)
- Launch Fireworks CS4 and select the text tool to type something on canvas.
The file has been placed at location http://sarthak.adobe.com/files/GlobalResources
CAUTION: This solution needs to be used ONLY when the text tool is not working. The other issues of crash on exit/save will not be solved by this file replacement technique.