Adobe Fireworks folks may know Bruce Bowman, who is now the Product Manager for BrowserLab(BL) online service for cross browser testing. His team released v1.6 of BL and details of it ca be found on the BL team blog.
Bruce was also the guest author on Dw team blog. You can read complete details about the new features of BL 1.6 at http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2011/05/exciting-news-about-adobe-browserlab.html
“We’ve added some new features to BrowserLab to improve workflows for Dreamweaver users:
- Follow local links. When testing in BrowserLab, you can now click on links in the screenshots to follow links. If the page is from your local Dreamweaver site, we will tunnel back to Dreamweaver, and Dreamweaver will send the new page and assets to the BrowserLab service. It has never been easier to test your local content in BrowserLab.
- URL History. Now, while you’re testing in BrowserLab, we keep track of your recent tests, and allow you to reload the results very quickly from cached results. If necessary, BrowserLab can re-request the page from Dreamweaver when you are testing local content.
- We’ve improved the reliability of the pairing connection between the BrowserLab panel in Dreamweaver and the BrowserLab service. You should experience far fewer drops and lost connections.
- We’ve simplified the Permission settings in the BrowserLab panel in Dreamweaver when your test request requires access to local content. Rather than the previous permission setting that was file based, we’re now setting permissions on a global basis.
- We’ve expanded our language support to include Spanish and Italian in the BrowserLab client.”
If you want to know more about BL, watch this video at http://adobe.ly/lhKALX working with Dreamweaver CS5.5
Note: BrowserLab is complimentary till April 12, 2012.Share on Facebook