Fireworks CS6 has been released a few weeks back and hopefully you all have explored the feature list. There are times when some of the lesser known items are not shared or tend to loose out against the big things engineered.
Below is a categorized list of things which I feel need a mention. This list has been contributed heavily by the engineering folks specially Priyanka. Thanks amigos.
- CSS Properties extraction: This feature helps you easily translate Fireworks design elements to CSS.
- jQuery Mobile Theme Skinning : This feature helps you customize and export jQuery Mobile themes along with the icons.
- CSS Sprites: You can export individual slices on the page as CSS Sprites, that generates a single sprite image along with the CSS Style sheet.
- Performance: On 64-bit Windows machines, Fireworks can now access more than 2GB of memory.
- Performance: “Out Of Memory” issues that was encountered when the GDI objects count hit 10000 has been resolved.
- Performance: Property Inspector on Mac is more responsive.
- Extension usability on Mac has been stabilized.
- Option to save file as *.fw.png.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: The drop-down menu for Fill types has been replaced with button for each fill type that makes it easier to switch between the fill types.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Separate opacity control for Fill and stroke options.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Numeric input fields for angles of gradient handle in the gradient dialog.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Numeric input fields for opacity/gradient nodes in the gradient dialog.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Ability to browse through the color stops using “Control + Arrow” keys.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Multiple gradient previews have been replaced with a single preview.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Numeric input fields for angle in the pattern dialog.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Size of the preview in the Pattern dialog is bigger.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Color swatch has been updated in the color picker dialog.
- Quickly Switch Fill Options: Ability to copy RGBA/HEX color values from the Color Picker dialog.
- Crop tool has an option to lock constrain proportion in PI.
- Tooltip is shown on File import.
- Symbol Improvements: Creation of symbols with the option “Save to Common Library” selected, retains the symbol on canvas.
- Symbol Improvements: A refresh button has been included in the “Document” library panel that updates on canvas, the selected button in the panel.
- Symbol Improvements: Imported symbols can be updated from the Document library panel using the refresh button mentioned above or using Update Symbol option in the flyout menu option.
- Symbol Improvements: Exporting a slice present inside a nested symbol does not scale the exported slice.
- Styles: Styles are saved in the selected style library and in the current document library.
- Styles: Switching between the documents retains the last selected library in the panel.
- RGBA/HEX color values can be copied using the eye-dropper tool.
- Layers: Layers panel has been updated with new thumbnail icons for different Fireworks objects.
- Layers: Reordering of layers/sub-layers in the Layers panel on Mac.
- Layers: “Share Layer to Pages” option is enabled for all the pages.(Earlier it was available only from the page that the layer is shared)
- Pages can be dragged to the top of the pages panel.
- Default PNG 32 option is available in the Optimize panel.
- “Group as Mask” option is available in the context menu.
- Path Panel improvements
- Dialogs which appeared in the center of applications now appear in panel itself
- Path panel option now appears in Window>Path.(earlier, Window>Others>Path)
- Export area tool bug has been fixed.(The preview of the image appears at the center of the preview dialog)
- New APIs have been included.
- Common Library
- Removal of redundant information from the document title bar.
- Deprecated features:
- AIR export
- Flex skinning
- Create slideshow
- Device central
- Share my screen
There are plans of sharing more details on some them mentioned above in future through blog posts. If you would like to know more about something, write a comment below and I will write that first.Share on Facebook