Designing for mobiles? Deployment issues? Previewing Problems!
Adobe Shadow may be able to help solve your problems. Find a preview of the new technology at Adobe Labs.
“This version of Shadow focuses primarily on the following:
- Device pairing
- Synchronized browsing and refreshing in sync with your computer
Share on Facebook
Adobe Proto lets you create wireframes of websites and apps on your tablet. Design interactive wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps with the convenience of simple touch gestures.
You can download the app at Android marketplace.
Developed by one of the engineers I have worked very closely in the past years! Congratulations to him on working for a version 1.0 product. It is an engineer’s dream to achieve it.
A total of 6 apps have been launched on the Android app marketShare on Facebook
Announcing Adobe Flash Platform summit in Bangalore. Full details on www.adobesummit.com
Date: July 27-29, 2011
Time: Full day
Venue: NIMHANS convention center, Bangalore, India
Recently added goodies were 10 Playbook and 10 smartphones on offer. More goodies may be added. Share on Facebook
“Several folks within Adobe are discussing the user interfaces for our various applications, and we’d like your feedback.
Do you use After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom? Other Adobe applications?
If so, please post your comments on this forum thread comparing your experiences with the user interfaces of these applications.
Regarding the panels, palettes, workspaces, and overall UI paradigms in these applications: What do you like? What do you hate? Do you care that the applications are different in this regard? What differences do you even notice?”
This post is taken directly as-is from Todd’s blog postShare on Facebook
CSS Regions is a way to layout magazine like text on web. ”CSS Regions and CSS Exclusions technology lets text flow within defined regions or around defined regions.”
CNET gives an idea with an illustration of how it appears in the browser.Share on Facebook
Adobe Fireworks folks may know Bruce Bowman, who is now the Product Manager for BrowserLab(BL) online service for cross browser testing. His team released v1.6 of BL and details of it ca be found on the BL team blog.
Bruce was also the guest author on Dw team blog. You can read complete details about the new features of BL 1.6 at http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2011/05/exciting-news-about-adobe-browserlab.html
“We’ve added some new features to BrowserLab to improve workflows for Dreamweaver users:
- Follow local links. When testing in BrowserLab, you can now click on links in the screenshots to follow links. If the page is from your local Dreamweaver site, we will tunnel back to Dreamweaver, and Dreamweaver will send the new page and assets to the BrowserLab service. It has never been easier to test your local content in BrowserLab.
- URL History. Now, while you’re testing in BrowserLab, we keep track of your recent tests, and allow you to reload the results very quickly from cached results. If necessary, BrowserLab can re-request the page from Dreamweaver when you are testing local content.
- We’ve improved the reliability of the pairing connection between the BrowserLab panel in Dreamweaver and the BrowserLab service. You should experience far fewer drops and lost connections.
- We’ve simplified the Permission settings in the BrowserLab panel in Dreamweaver when your test request requires access to local content. Rather than the previous permission setting that was file based, we’re now setting permissions on a global basis.
- We’ve expanded our language support to include Spanish and Italian in the BrowserLab client.”
If you want to know more about BL, watch this video at http://adobe.ly/lhKALX working with Dreamweaver CS5.5
Note: BrowserLab is complimentary till April 12, 2012.Share on Facebook
Adobe announces mid cycle release for the first time which is a significant update to Creative Suite 5. You can find more in-depth details of why this move and how it will help you at blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/04/introducing-adobe-creative-suite-5-5-product-family.html
There is a significant update to Dreamweaver fostering Adobe’s commitment to HTML5 and CSS3, strong integration with jQuery and native app publishing from PhoneGap.
Fireworks has got some long standing customer related bugs fixed with this update.
Stay tuned for more details and features in the near future.Share on Facebook
The Developer Center at adobe.com has got a new look and easier navigation system with better usability as well. The whole section has been moved to Day software’s CQ5 CMS.
Fireworks Dev Center can be reached here.
Craig has written a good article on what has been done highlighting some of the user comments which led to this change. The complete article can be read here.Share on Facebook
Are you looking for more font options for displaying text on your website?
Adobe is offering its Web fonts via typekit services where hundreds of fonts are available for usage. More information of these services can be read at
- Introductions about the service
- Typekit blog about Adobe partnership
Wider fonts range for better content display selection and easy search-ability by engines!Share on Facebook