Posts in Category "Uncategorized"
A new script is posted at Adobe Labs for Fireworks which will address the request for better FXG export from Fireworks which can be consumed by Flash Catalyst.
The script can be found on http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashcatalyst/fireworksexport.html from where it can be installed and functionality changes and enhancements done by the Fireworks team.
Below are copy pasted the Release notes for quick reference
- lineHeight for Text element was always exported as %, now its exported based on value selected in Fireworks ( % or exact)
- Tab indention was not correct for elements which were exported as bitmaps
- Exporting invisible bitmap elements caused script error
- Updated Rectangle primitive object to export transformation matrix and roundness value.
- Modified / Added Application Private Data for all elements (d:userLabel , d:type etc)
- Exporting effects applied on Groups and Symbols
- Error is thrown when FXG with Stroke for text is imported in Flash Catalyst
- Objects with different opacity are not imported properly to Flash Catalyst
- Export to FXG: TypeError: currRun.size has no properties
- Flash Catalyst: Unsupported elements exported as bitmaps are incorrectly positioned
- Text shift is seen when imported to Flash Catalyst
- Flash Catalyst: Importing of sublayers with different visibility is not proper
- Flash Catalyst: Importing a stack of symbols with different visibility is not proper
- FXG Export: Exporting text with numeric throws error
- FXG Export: Visible symbol elements are not exported
- Exporting test file to FXG shows a negative number
- Flash Catalyst: One of the rectangle in the bug file shifts when imported to FC
- Flash Catalyst: Rectangle roundness shows different value when imported in FC
- Flash Catalyst: Importing test file with text runs having a mix of attributes throws error while parsing
- Command doesn’t Remember the last export directory
- Warning is not thrown before overwriting FXG file
- Remove copyright notification in the FXG script
- Exporting a selection to FXG
- Text gets truncated when exported to FXG
- Unable to import the file to FC
- Export to FXG should throw warning while exporting files with missing fonts
- FXG export creates invalid tag names starting with a number
- Export to FXG encounters duplicate PNG files
- Rectangle with gradient applied is not exported correctly.
- Masks applied on Bitmaps appear stretched in FC
- Masks with unsupported properties are still exported as normal elements and not bitmaps
- Invisible bitmap element inside the group is not exported but the tag is exported.
Any queries, suggestions or proposals in this regard, feel free to post them at http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/flashcatalyst
looking around the web for some creative tutorials for Fireworks which can be of good use for newbie to Fireworks or for people who are stuck in the same workflow for multiple versions of the application.
There is a designer site in Brazil http://abduzeedo.com which discusses many workflows, features of many features of Fireworks. They seem to have multiple contributing authors which gives a very good perspective of different individuals.
I dug into the articles section and there are some really neat ones which explore basic functionality which leads to some creative design output.
One of their fresh article is related to the export of PDF document directly from Fireworks which can be read here http://abduzeedo.com/reader-tutorial-fireworks-interactive-prototypes-pdf
Fireworks sure has users globally!
Hope fully by now you would have installed the updates which went live yesterday. In case you have not done it, we recommend users to install this patch. I have received some queries on how the patch resolves the already infected Fireworks png files.
To clarify that point, the patch will NOT automatically realign all the text objects which have their bounding box shifted or jumped. There might be huge number of png files created in pre-patch version of Fireworks CS4 with this bug. The text objects which have been infected will need to be touched by changing any of the attribute to align the text characters and its corresponding blue bounding box.
Once this operation is done on the file, the text objects will not jump around. Even after applying the patch, the infected text objects will show a jump but that will be only once and not for the subsequent text nudges or aligns. In case you still find the text jumping with newly created files in post patch Fireworks CS4 build, please raise it.