Since its induction into the Adobe Certified Document Services (CDS) Program, GlobalSign has been very busy working to build a customer base eager to leverage the native trust and assurance that CDS brings to any recipient opening a CDS digitally signed PDF document in Adobe Acrobat or Reader 6.0 and above. That work has paid off in three separate customer announcements this year, including one just released today:
- December 8, 2008: In partnership with Adobe and SafeNet, GlobalSign today announced the success of the Antwerp Port Authority project. This port is the second largest in Europe and the fourth largest in the world. Looking to save time and money by eliminating paper invoices, and required by law to provide for the integrity and authenticity of the resulting electronic invoices for value-added taxes (VAT), the Port of Antwerp deployed a solution combining:
- LiveCycle ES document generation and digital signature servers;
- DocumentSign CDS digital certificates from GlobalSign; and
- SafeNet hardware security modules (HSMs) to protect the signing keys themselves.
- May 2008: At the annual National Notary Association conference, GlobalSign announced the positive results of a pilot undertaken with the UK Notaries Society in which the cost efficiency and legal admissibility of eNotarization performed with GlobalSign CDS credentials was well-documented.
“We’ve seen a marked increase in the number of projects across the whole of Europe in recent months as the worldwide economic climate causes enterprises both large and small to re-evaluate their invoicing processes to drive down costs and remain competitive. DocumentSign is not only a cost effective and easy solution for businesses to use, but is also compliant with European e-VAT legislation.” -Steve Roylance, Business Development Director, GlobalSign.
- May 2008: Bodycote, a leading provider of testing and thermal processing services, announced that it had selected GlobalSign’s DocumentSign program, based on CDS credentials, to certify its test data and reports. With this solution Bodycote can provide results to its clients in PDF form, confident in the both the accuracy and integrity of the data contained within.
“DocumentSign services our security requirements but is also instantly deployable and very scalable – essential factors for rolling out a solution that can be easily understood by every person in the reliance chain. For our clients’ customers, they simply open the test results in [R]eader.” -
Alan Slater, Head of IS & IT Architecture, Bodycote