FYI- if you’ve been holding off to upgrade to Studio 8, now would be the time, as the introductory/promotional upgrade pricing will expire shortly. More details from our Studio team follows:
For those who may have missed this information due to the acquisition completion, we wanted to make sure our customers know about some changes in the upgrade pricing and policies for Studio 8.
Effective December 31, 2005, there will be pricing increases and policy changes for certain customers regarding Studio 8 upgrades. We encourage anyone thinking of purchasing Studio 8 upgrade to review the information below and take advantage of the existing pricing before December 31, 2005. After this date, adjusted pricing for upgrading to Studio 8 will be as follows:
- Any past commercial Studio customer can upgrade to Studio 8 for $399.
- Any past commercial customer who own both Dreamweaver (any version) and Flash (any version excluding Flash Basic) can upgrade to Studio 8 for $399.
- Any past commercial Dreamweaver customer can purchase the Studio 8 upgrade for $799.
- Any past commercial Flash customer (excluding Flash Basic) can purchase the Studio 8 upgrade for $599.
- Any past commercial Fireworks or FreeHand customer wishing purchase Studio 8 upgrade cannot do so, and must purchase a full new Studio 8 license at $999.
Pricing for brand new product licenses or point product upgrades will not be changing. Full details can be found at http://www.macromedia.com/software/studio/special/intropricing/policy.
If you haven’t upgraded to Studio 8 yet, now is a great time to take advantage of the current pricing before it ends December 31, 2005. Buy the upgrade at www.macromedia.com/go/upgradetostudio) or at your preferred reseller (http://www.macromedia.com/buy/).