Ever try adding an Intermediate CA Cert to FMS ( Flash Media Server )?
well i did, and it was a real pain to figure this out, but in reality is pretty easy. Here’s how (starting from the beginning):
1. you generate a private key, lets call it privkey.pem … you’ll probably do this with OpenSSL like i did
2. from that with OpenSSL you generate a request, CSR or whatever
3. submit that to “the authorities” whoever that may be in your case, if intranet, maybe your “IS” or “IT” dept… if public, then maybe somebody like godaddy.com
4. they give you “the cert”
5. now you’re like, “yipeee!!! i got a cert, but what do i do with it? how do i install it?”
6. go here: (your FMS installation directory)\conf\_defaultRoot_\Adaptor.xml
7. Scroll down or Ctrl+F “SSL” and you should see a SSLCertificateFile tag, this is where you specify the full path of the cert file like this:
8. You also need to point to the .pem file, for that, specify the SSLCertificateKeyFile like this:
Simple as that, now restart FMS and you should be set.
BUT WAIT!! what about the intermediate cert… all you do is open up your .cer file in a text editor, and paste the intermediate cert below the actual cert. If u dont know where to get the intermediate cert, ask the admins that issued you the cert in the first place.
hope that helps.