Stories, Comics, and Manga - Oh My! Making Learning Stick For Your Audience!
This session offers many examples (see links below) that are very compelling and I didn't know that comics used to be created in the past effectively for military training. I really hope that instead of PowerPoints with bulleted lists, we are going to see more and more engaging stories we can actually relate to.
And for non-designers like myself, I liked the tip of staging environments and characters in Second Life so you can easily create stituations and take screenshots for your training. And how about dropping the images into Adobe Captivate where you can engage the learner even further by providing choices and alternate endings using the branching capabilities.
More info and examples:
- What's a Manga?
- More links on storytelling
- Johnny Bunko - The last career guide you'll ever need.
- Macbeth on ClassicalComics
- World Bank 1 World Mangas
- PIVMAN Handheld device training/marketing
- L1 - First Response (Flash version)