Tip: Integrating FMR slides to publish a single .SWF
Here is a simple workaround to integrate external full motion recording (FMR) .SWF files and publish a single .SWF:
- Publish your project to FlashPlayer 7 and call it, let's say, FMR
- In Edit mode, replace the full motion slide with a blank slide:
- insert a blank slide before or after the full motion slide
- match the slide time of the blank slide with the full motion slide
- delete the full motion slide
- Your published folder contains a file called FMR_Fullmotion1.swf. Insert this file in your blank slide
- Remove fade in/out effects
- Complete steps 2-4 for all other full motion slides
It's a workaround for now. The team is aware and we are looking into better options for Adobe Captivate 4.
PS: I try to avoid FMR altogether. Instead of scrolling, simply click on the scroll bar or use the page down key. Editing becomes much easier and your file size is smaller.