Problem Statements for Streaming Media Program :
1. Build a multicast enabled peer-to-peer intra-institutional video conferencing application using Flash Media Server 4.0 as the backend server and a client application based on Flash.
- Flash Media Server 4 to be used in multicasting mode : RTMFP is the protocol.
- Flash Builder to be used to build the client applications and AS3 is the scripting language.
- Two-way video conferencing should be enabled.
- Text chat, mute/unmute, video recording are also to be included as ‘expected features’
- QOS and other statistics to be obtained.
- Desktop and Screen sharing are the ‘extra features’ that are good to have.
2. Build a OSMF based video player that can do the following :
- Multi bit-rate streaming of videos
- Video playback of live events
- Overlay of video content like text, graphics, score cards, photos etc.
- Dynamic playlist creation on the client side.
- RTMP/RTMPE/RTMPTE fall back mechanism
- SWF verification to be enabled
- QOS and logging to be enabled
- Full screen mode, Digital video recording to be present.
- Embed URL to be provided for faster accessibility
Before trying to attempt the above statements, as a warm up, you can try with a smaller problem statement below :
(Please watch out this space for any updates and additional problem statements).
Create a RTMP FMS application along with a very basic client application that does the following :
- The server side application takes live video from Flash Media Live Encoder.
- Client application should be able to subscribe to this stream published from the Flash Media Live Encoder with the following : Print the Metadata of the live stream coming in, check the bandwidth between the client and the server and print it on the client.
- The server side application along with taking the live stream from the flash media live encoder should be able to record the stream on the server.
Helpful resources :
OSMF Player : http://osmf.org/
Flash Media Server : http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/
Mailing Alias: email@example.com
Share on Facebook