While generating the final PDF for publication, you must remove the change bars in a FrameMaker book. Before you remove the change bars, you should flatten any text insets that the book contains. Otherwise, you may notice change bars in the generated PDF even though you cleared change bars across the source book.
To flatten any text insets in your FrameMaker book, follow these steps:
- Open the book file and open all files in it.
- Select all files in the book. Now, in the book view, click Edit > Find | Any Text Inset.
- Double-click the first text inset that you find and click Convert to Text.
- Repeat step 3 for all text insets in the book.
Important: Flattening text insets involves book-level changes that are difficult to reverse. It is recommended that you flatten text insets only in a local copy of your content and not in the central copy administered through a version-control system.
- In the book view, select Format > Document > Change Bars.
- Select Clear All Change Bars | (No Undo) and then click Set.