You can’t imagine how thrilled and excited I am. I feel like jumping on my chair. Jump, Jump…
We just announced another significant release of Adobe RoboHelp. Check out RoboHelp product page at www.adobe.com/products/robohelp for more information. Another major update in record 9 months. Oh boy – RoboHelp development is on steroids.
This has been a very special release – we have had some rave comments on the prerelease site about the current release. Customers who have seen this (via our prerelease program) still don’t believe that we could add such major advancements in 9 months. Enough of trumpeting, let’s get down to the point.
Summary of major feature added in Adobe RoboHelp 7:
- Highly customizable user interface – Create your own unique workspace with personalized toolbars, menus, keyboard shortcuts and dockable pods that work the way you want. A Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to copy/paste and edit across multiple topics in a tiled arrangement. Then save your workspace environment for different projects. Quickly remove clutter of unused interface items to focus on the work at hand.
- Full Unicode support – accommodates 35 languages and powerful translation workflows. Localized in 4 languages and binary compatible across languages. Create in a French version and open that same project in a German version.
- Enhanced support for FrameMaker file import -Import multiple file formats in .fm, .book, .mif. .bk or .frm file types. Files will be converted to HTML topics.
- New HTML Editor – produces cleaner code, customization including color coding and author-configured as well as automatic Intellisense for rapidly inserting commonly used code phrases.
- Easing author’s workflow with reusable content – Snippets and User Defined Variables.
- Dramatic new Single Sourcing capabilities – with Multiple Tables of Contents, Indexes and Glossaries.
- Cross-product integration with Adobe technical communication programs – See how RoboHelp works with Adobe Captivate, FrameMaker, Acrobat 3D and RoboScreenCapture.
- Better end-user experience with Search Synonyms, Search highlighting and Breadcrumb navigation.
- Improvements to standard features – Word import/export, RoboSource Control 3.1, RoboHelp Server, WinHelp to WebHelp migration
- Improvements to Adobe RoboHelp Server – Valuable Feedback Reports and the ability to search the text of non-HTML documents such as PDF, Word, Excel, etc. make this a perfect choice for company Intranets. Many installation and administrative improvements have been made in this release.
There are a number of other features that we have developed in Adobe RoboHelp 7. Even each of the above listed features is a big enough item for a blog discussion. I shall try to cover each of the features in detail in subsequent blogs.