RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR is Live Now!Friday, August 8 2008 @ 9:36 PM, By adobe
RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR is Live now, after 5 months of public Beta. You can now download the RoboHelp Packager for FREE from Adobe site – http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/robohelp-packager-for-air. Feature list includes the following –
· Auto Update – Adobe AIR applications that can update themselves when online connection is available and that can work perfectly when desktop is offline. For example, Adobe AIR help file created with RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR will prompt the end-users when an update is available. With a single click, the help file will update itself.
· Web 2.0 Commenting and Review - Adobe AIR applications can store information locally – for example, when you add comments to Online Help, they are stored locally and can be viewed after you have closed the application. End users can also comment on external pages and store the comments as part of help file. Comments are still available when Online Help has been updated (provided file names don’t change) or when you are offline.
· Extensibility – Unlike HTML Help which depends on the CHM viewer, the functionality of the Adobe AIR is extensible and customizable. For example, organizations can add branding information to Adobe AIR help file, including icons for help file, branding imagery on the top of the help file and so on.
· Multiple tab – never before end user experience - Adobe AIR help file also allows you to open multiple tabs within the tri-pane enabling multiple help topics and threads to be navigated at the same time.
· Integrated interface to everything your end users need – You can also add resource links to your help files – enabling a single access point for product pages, user forums, knowledge base, online help and external web pages.
· Multiple templates to choose from – Organizations get to chose from several of the templates and can select a particular skin or theme for each of these templates. With RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR, there are three templates come out of the box – Multi-Tab Accordion, Unipane and Classic Help.
· End user preferences - RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR enables the help users to customize their help by selecting their preferences (something they can’t do for a CHM or for WebHelp output – which is not hosted on a Server).
· Cross Platform - Adobe AIR is cross-platform and cross-browser, supported on Windows, Mac and Linux (currently in pre-release).
For more information on RoboHelp Packager, you can see following posts on this blog -