Advanced Database Setup for RoboHelp Server 8Thursday, May 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM, By Tulika Garg
By default RoboHelp Server 8 gets installed with MS Access as the database which is suitable for internal use or in a development environment.
But for production environment, users should use Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle/SQL Server Express.
Steps to configure oracle/sql server as database –
1) Launch the Config Manager and select File > Open Context and select the context for which you want to configure the database.
2) Select radio button “Oracle 9i or higher/Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Server Express Edition”.
3) Create a system DSN using ODBC administrator. To do so, click on the “ODBC Admin” button. This will launch the “ODBC Data Source Administrator”. Click on the “System DSN” tab and then click on “Add” button and select the driver type depending on the kind of database your are using. Then give the Database server details and the user name and password to connect to the database. Press OK.
4) Now select this newly created DSN from the “Select DSN” drop down.
5) In the username, password fields, specify the username and password used to create the DSN.
6) Click “Save”.
7) You can verify if RoboHelp Server has all the information to connect to the database by clicking “Test Connection”. If connection details are OK, it should show a dialog box saying “Successfully connected to database”.
8) Close Config Manager using File>Exit.