ExtendScript of the Week: “Book Report”Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 6:29 AM, By Rajat Bansal
Last week we provided an overview of ExtendScript Support in Adobe FrameMaker 10 (FrameMaker ExtendScript: Getting Started) and announced the “ExtendScript of the Week” initiative. As part of that series, we are providing a script which shows how to use FrameMaker ExtendScript capabilities to generate Book Report.
This scripts when run on a Book generates a Book Report which contains the following information about the Book:
- General Information like page count, number of markers, x-refs etc
- Detailed Information on X-Refs / Referenced Graphics with their status (resolved / unresolved). From the report, you can click on the record to jump to location of x-ref / Referenced Graphic.
- List of Tables and Markers with links to jump to their location.
Steps to Install
- Download the zip file from BookReport
- Unzip the files and copy “BookReportMenu.jsx” and “BookReport” folder in startup folder located at “C:\Program Files\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\startup”
How to use the Script?
- Launch FrameMaker
- Open a Book File (or use Sample Book: BookReportSampleFiles)
- Run Book Report from “File -> Utilities -> Generate Book Report“.
- This will run the script and generate a report which contains the information listed above.
I hope this will help you getting started with writing scripts to automate tasks and add functionality as per your requirements.