ExtendScript of the Week: “Deleting Unused formats in a Book”Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM, By Vikash Kumar
Continuing with the “ExtendScript of the Week” series , this week we are providing a script which will delete all the unused formats in a book. The formats to be deleted will be table, paragraph and character. First of all , unused table formats will be deleted ,followed by unused para formats and lastly unused character formats.
About the Script:
- It works on the active book in FM session.
- It will work for the hierarchical book as well.
- It iterates over all the book components and silently opens them one by one
- Deletes the unused formats in the book component in the order mentioned above
- Saves the document and closes them.
- Download the script and the test files which has been attached here.
- Open the book file in FM and make sure that it is active
- Open the first chapter of the book
- Open the character, paragraph and table catalogs to see that the document has unused formats. There will be a light check mark against the used formats which distinguishes it from the unused formats
- Now close the document and run the script
- An alert will come indicating that the operation has finished
- Now check the book components to see that unused formats has been deleted.
FrameMaker Engineering Team