The American writer and theologian, Frederick Buechner, once said, “they may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” At Adobe, engaging with technical communicators, content creators and strategists is a key need, desire and passion. And we strive to leave no stone unturned to do so.
Our social media presence is growing by the day and we notice no one throngs and thrives on the social media as well as the #techcomm superjocks. So the first big news of 2012 (implying many more are to follow) is that we have entered the new year with a new look Facebook community! We intend to build the social networks’ largest community of technical communication professionals and the foundation has been laid.
Some interesting content that already exists on the community page / will soon be available, includes:
- Video interviews with seasoned technical communication professionals, thought leaders, acclaimed industry experts talking about trends in the TechComm space
- Competitions that will engage the technical writing world like never before (with very, very interesting prizes!)
- Technical Communication humor and cartoon strips
- What’s happening in the TechComm world and what we did / noticed at all major events across the globe in FY 2011
- Surprise goodies like the Technical Writers’ Calendar and much more (can’t let the cat out of the bag yet)
- Announcements of webinars by Adobe and prominent guests from across the industry
- Direct relay from our Twitter and YouTube channels, free training videos from the Technical Communication CHANNEL on Adobe TV
- Other information such as Adobe product promotions, special offers, discounts, events
Now, join us on Facebook right away or shall we shoot more bullet points your way? Also, do tell your friends and colleagues!
We hope to see you there soon!
To interesting times,
Team TechComm @ Adobe