Update #3: 9:05 GMT
Removed the utility as the patch that we have provided below is the superset and the utility is no longer needed.
Added some more detailed instructions on the patch webpage on which patch to download and install. Please refer to the web page here.
Update #2: 5:40 PM, GMT
We are issuing an 10.0.3 update on FM10, which addresses this issue for our users.This is the complete and only solution you need to fix this issue. To download and install the update, please go to the page here. Please follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the zip file, unzip it and run the executable.
- Please check the version of FM10/TCS that is installed on your machine to install the right update. Please follow the instructions on the page.
Some other important points
- If you have already run the utility we provided earlier today, we still recommend that you go ahead and install this important update.
- if you haven’t run the utility already, then the 10.0.3 update is all you need to fix this problem. You don’t need to run the utility that we have provided earlier. For this reason, we have removed the utility now as it is no longer needed.
- Also, this update is currently available as a manual download only, but it will also be made available later through the Adobe Automatic update mechanism.
Firstly, wish you all a very happy new year 2013!
Many users have reported an issue with launching of FrameMaker 10*. Starting Jan 1 of 2013, users saw a message “Licensing for this product has expired”. We have already isolated the cause of this issue and are working aggressively to provide a solution to our users. That being said, we do realize that many of you are blocked on your daily work due to this issue. We sincerely apologize for this and completely understand the difficult situation you are in. While we work on a solution, please use one of the following workarounds in the meanwhile to continue doing your work.
Workaround #2: Set the system date to a date earlier than Jan 1, 2013 and FM10 should launch successfully. After launching FM10, you can reset the system date to the correct date and FM10 would continue to work. However, please note that if you exit FM10, you will need to change the date again before you can re-launch FM10.
Note: the above workarounds will require user to have the necessary admin privileges to change the system date on their machine
We do hope that you can use the above workaround and continue being productive in your daily activities. Be rest assured, providing a complete solution to our FM10 users as soon as possible is the highest priority for us right now. Our hope is to provide a complete solution within the next 24 hours. Furthermore, we will be making regular updates to this post, as and when they become available. So, please do keep checking this page for more details.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
* Note that this issue affects only FrameMaker 10 users and not those users using other versions of the product
Sr. Product Manager – FrameMaker line of products