With the busy summer months of June and July, you may have missed our “Summer School” session, which was a 3-part overview of FrameMaker. As with our RoboHelp 101 Series, our goal was to give you a “20,000 foot view” of the products most important capabilities. FrameMaker was awarded the prestigious CODiE award in 2013 for “Best Solution for Integrating Content Into the Workflow.” This series of webinars will give you a good idea why FrameMaker was so honored, covering a range a wide range of relevant product functions.
Fortunately, all webinars were recorded, and we have placed links in this blog. You can click on the title of each session to go to landing page to view each recording. Please note that the landing page will look like a webinar registration page, and will require your I.D. and password from your free, Adobe.com account. Also note that anywhere you see underlined, hyper-linked text in presentation slides or in the chat window, you may click on that link and go to the URL destination.
Here’s a brief summary of what you missed. We hope that you can watch all 3 recordings. Due to popular demand, we will probably have a 2-part “advanced” session on FrameMaker 11 in the Fall.
Click on the heading above to view this recording, or go to: http://adobe.ly/14xHpf5
This session covers a basic FrameMaker workflow and orients you to the most commonly used tools. Discover an “X-ray” view of FrameMaker document structure, including master pages, reference pages, and the commonly used body page. The session will also cover:
- style catalogs for paragraphs, characters, tables and graphic object styles
- simple auto numbering and paragraph prefixes with discreet styles
- how to speed up common editing tasks
- locating and correcting unwanted format overrides
- creating documents from scratch, or modifying content imported from MS Word
- Where and when automatic hyperlinks are inserted for you
Click on the heading above to view this recording, or go to: http://adobe.ly/16LzgH3
Improve navigation in published PDF via hyper linked cross references, generated TOCs and Indices for starters. Master multiple ways to position and control anchored frames and page layout. The session will include:
- achieve potent results from imported rich media like video or 3D graphics
- discover the full power of leveraging table styles that remember key paragraph styles
- manage large, multi-file projects with FrameMaker books; exclude portions not ready for publication
- Generate PDF for collaborative review; import comments and annotations “in place” into source FrameMaker files
Click on the heading above to view this recording, or go to: http://adobe.ly/16LzXQQ
Discover the astonishing amount of validated DITA you can create w/in structured FrameMaker “out-of-the-box” from predefined templates and structured applications. See context-sensitive formatting, and other benefits of structured documents. The session will include:
- How to use 3 views to edit XML: (a) WYSIWYG view (b) Author view and (c) XML code view
- Use Intelliprompt to insert or wrap valid elements
- Recommended uses for attributes
- Smart Paste to insert unstructured data into DITA topics
- How to use Intelliprompt when inserting <element> as code in XML code view … and more
This final session gives you a good grounding in the basics of structured authoring with FrameMaker 11 and just how much you can accomplish using applications and templates “out-of-the-box.”
Is FrameMaker right for you? Take the Quiz!
You can use a calculator to determine how much time and money FrameMaker can save your over Word. Or, you can take a Quiz to determine if your workload is a good fit for FrameMaker. Simply go to http://www.douwriteright.com/
Have your own hands-on with FrameMaker 11 and decide how you can use it
Adobe Technical Communication Suite 4 includes FrameMaker 11, which is an excellent authoring solution and also a versatile structured editor for DITA/XML. The possibilities with these new tools are as limitless as the profiles of our existing and potential customers. To discover how you can use FrameMaker, download a trial copy of FrameMaker 11 today. After having your own hands-on, you may decide in favor of the best bargain of all, obtaining a cloud subscription to the entire Tech Comm Suite 4, which includes RoboHelp 10, Captivate 6 and other products in addition to FrameMaker 11.