FrameMaker 12, FrameMaker XML Author 12 Recorded Webinar TV GuideFriday, January 31 2014 @ 6:52 PM, By Maxwell Hoffmann
We held our first public live webinar broadcast of FrameMaker 12, FrameMaker XML Author and FrameMaker Publishing Server on January 28th. We have recorded our webinar and provide this blog to give you important time stops in the recording that you may fast forward to.
Unlike most of our webinars, this session is over 2 hours long due to the many significant new features added to our products. In fact there is a new product: FrameMaker XML Author 12 designed as a designated XML-only authoring solution (at 40% of the list price of a full FrameMaker 12 license.)
View the recording: What’s new with FrameMaker?
You may go to the webinar recording by clicking here: Recorded FrameMaker 12 Launch Webinar
Feature time guide for the recording
You may fast forward to the times indicated below, if you wish, to go directly to the portion of the webinar that discusses specific products and specific features.
- 1 hour 10 min = How to publish from FM12 to EPUB, HTML5 RESPONSIVE LAYOUT and more
(in answer to many questions, this is FrameMaker 12 by itself, with no plug-ins, and no assistance from RoboHelp 11 or Tech Comm Suite 5!)
- 1 hour 36 min = Structure and FrameMaker XML Author 12
- 1 hour 50 min = MathML equations, including XML code view to edit
- 1 hour 53 min = improved XML white space handling
- 1 hour 57 min = Preview DITAMAP content
- 12 min = enhanced user interface
- 25 minutes = Regular Expressions used in Find/Change (e.g. reverse date format)
- 28 min 44 sec = Generate QR code
- 30 min 28 sec = background color on text level and boxed/colored paragraphs
- 32 min 30 sec = improved Conditional Text control, new UI and complex expressions
- 38 min 44 sec = enhanced Smart Catalogs with search/filter to narrow choices
- 46 min = improved collaborative workflow with Dropbox integration and improved PDF review