Hope all of you are doing well. I am happy to let you know that we have released an important update to the Technical Communication line of products which includes FrameMaker 12, FrameMaker XML Author 12 and RoboHelp 11. In this update, we have made several enhancements as well as addressed many issues, reported by our customers and partners. In this post, I will be covering the enhancements and bug fixes for RoboHelp 11 only. For the update on FrameMaker 12 and FrameMaker XML Author 12, please read the other blog here.
Here is the list of enhancements that we have made to RoboHelp 11.
Responsive HTML5 output is now faster and better !
Responsive HTML5 publishing is one of the key features in RH 11, and we have made it better in this update. We have added several new features and enhanced the HTML5 output performance. Some of the notable improvements are
- We have cleaned up the generated HTML5 output. Every topic HTML is now about 20KB smaller in size, which means that for every 100 topics, the size of the final output is reduced by 2 MB. Moreover, the generated HTML5 is much cleaner.
- We have enhanced the loading performance of the HTML5 output. Based on our tests, the average loading time of the output is reduced by 50%.
- The overall consumption experience of the HTML5 output is enhanced. For example, the transitions from topic to topic, and Search and TOC navigation are smoother and there is no flicker.
- The other big enhancement is that now, the state of the TOC/Index is maintained, which means that if you have a book opened in the final output, the book will remain in the open state for the entire session. You can also have multiple books in open state at the same time.
There is a brand new Responsive HTML5 layout !
Integration with other Adobe products would work without TCS license
In this update, we have enabled several cross-product workflows, which were available only in Technical Communication Suite earlier. So, if you are not a TCS user, but have other Adobe products such as Acrobat, FrameMaker, or Captivate installed on your computer, you will now be able to
- Link FrameMaker documents in RoboHelp projects.
- Author a new Captivate topic directly from RoboHelp interface.
We have fixed more than 20 bugs as well
In addition to all these enhancements that I mentioned above, we have fixed more than 20 bugs. For a complete list of issues fixed, please refer to the link.
RoboHelp 11.0.3 update is now available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). You can check for updates through Help>Update menu in RoboHelp 11. It will be available for download from RoboHelp Support Center as well by next week. I encourage all the RoboHelp 11 users to install this update.
I hope that you will find many of these enhancements useful to your specific workflows. It will be our endeavor to release these updates on a continuous basis to meet the needs of our customers. I do want to say thank you to all of those who submitted these ideas and bug reports. Keep your feedback coming!
Product Manager – Adobe Technical Communication Products