First of all, Wish you a very happy new year 2015! Today, I am pleased to announce that we have released an important update to the Technical Communication line of products which includes FrameMaker 12, FrameMaker XML Author 12 and RoboHelp 11. In this update, we have made several enhancements as well as addressed many issues, reported by our customers and partners.
In this post, I will be covering the enhancements and bug fixes for FrameMaker 12 and FrameMaker XML Author 12 only. To know more about the RoboHelp 11 update, please read another blog post.
Here are some of the enhancements we have made to FrameMaker 12/FrameMaker XML Author 12.
- Several dialogs (e.g. TOC, DITA) are re-sizable now. You have more area to work with, especially useful when you are working with long lists
- Color Definition dialog has been enhanced
- New “smart” filter capability added in the designers which lets you filter the list as you type (just like “Smart Catalogs” feature)
- Active pod is highlighted with a colored boundary, so that is easier to locate
- Conditional text checkbox behavior has been enhanced to easily apply/remove conditions
- You have control over images from reference pages whether it goes in the published output
- You can choose whether to retain the SVG output of images in the Responsive HTML5 output
In addition, there several bug fixes and many more. For a complete list of enhancements and issues fixed, please refer to the ReadMe for this update.
FrameMaker 12.0.4 update is now available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). You can also check for updates through
Help > Update menu in FrameMaker 12. Lastly, it will also be available shortly for download from FrameMaker Support Center. I encourage all the FrameMaker 12 / FM XML Author 12 users to install this update.
I hope that you will find many of these enhancements useful. I do want to say “Thank You!” to all of those who submitted these ideas and bug reports. Keep your feedback coming!