Hello RoboHelp users,
I am pleased to announce that we have released our first update to FrameMaker (2015 release) and FrameMaker XML Author (2015 release) products, along with updates to Technical Communication Suite (2015 release) and RoboHelp (2015 release). Many of you had shared feedback on the product in the form of feature requests, enhancements, and issues. We have been actively working on all the feedback. In this update, we have made a good number of enhancements as well as addressed many issues. I would like to thank all those who have contributed in reporting these issues and helping us improve the product.
Here is the list of enhancements we have made to RoboHelp (2015 release) as a part of this update:
Windows 10 support
With this update, RoboHelp is now supported on Windows 10 operating system.
Embed online videos in RoboHelp project
This feature allows you to insert online videos within the topic using source URL in the embed code and publish it in the SSL outputs such as Responsive HTML5, Multiscreen HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Pro, and Adobe AIR. For YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion videos, you can also provide the HTTP URL instead of the source URL to embed the video into the topic. Detailed documentation for this feature is available here.
Playback settings for Multimedia
RoboHelp now has an option to configure multimedia player settings for the local and online videos embedded in your project. There are options available to control the display, playback, and sound settings in the output depending on the type of multimedia.
Layout icons optimized for high resolution Retina display
The icons in Responsive HTML5 layouts have been optimized for high-resolution Retina display. The icons in “Azure” and “Charcoal Gray” layouts will appear sharp and clear on iOS devices.
Farsi Publishing Support
RoboHelp now also supports Farsi output language for Responsive HTML5, Mobile App, WebHelp, eBook, WebHelp Pro, Adobe AIR, and Microsoft HTML Help layouts.
Create intermediate unsigned AIR Help application
While generating Adobe AIR SSL output in RoboHelp, it is now possible to create an unsigned (without digital certificate) Adobe AIR Help application that can be signed later.
We have fixed 15 bugs as well
In addition to all these enhancements that I mentioned above, we have fixed 15 bugs. Major ones are:
- When importing Word, HTML, CHM, or HTML documents, RoboHelp allows non ASCII characters in topic names that are auto created based on the headings in imported document. The Non ASCII characters are now converted to ASCII characters to prevent any errors when hosting the output on web servers.
- Images added in the header and footer section of RoboHelp master pages are no longer missing in printed documentation output, when published for the first time at the folder location: C:\Users\\
- TOC of child project (in case of merged projects) is empty in Responsive HTML5 output generated by RoboHelp, if the child project’s file name (.xpj) contains space or Unicode characters.
- RoboHelp throws error when generating online help for the first time for a project using RHCL command line interface.
- In RoboHelp, master page CSS is now applied to the generated output.
For a complete list of issues fixed, please refer to the link. RoboHelp update is now available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). You can check for updates through Help>Update menu in RoboHelp. It is also available for download from RoboHelp Support Center. I encourage all the RoboHelp users to install this update.
To learn about updates released on the other products, please click on the links below:
I hope that you will find many of these enhancements useful. It will be our endeavor to release these updates on a continuous basis to meet the needs of our customers. I do want to say thank you to all of those who submitted these ideas and bug reports. Keep your feedback coming!