That’s a PDF? Whoa! New and Updated PDF Portfolio Layouts
Not really anything to do with collaboration and Acrobat – well maybe it is. But that’s a discussion for another day. Anyway, there are some new PDF Portfolio Layouts available for download for Acrobat 9 Pro and Pro Extended for Mac and Windows in many languages.
If you aren’t familiar with PDF Portfolios yet, they are a way to collect together various files – not just PDF documents – in an organized way that is presented using a rich, Flash-based interface. Check out some of these videos to get an idea of what they are and how they can be used in the real world (that’s the one you live in).
So what’s new and updated with these PDF Portfolio layouts? Here’s the list:
- Grid with File Preview – Adds quick previews to Basic Grid (new)
- Grid with Sidebar – Adds quick navigation to Basic Grid (new)
- Grid with Size Options – Adds description and icon sizes to Basic Grid (new)
- List with File Preview – Adds quick previews to List View (new)
- Sliding Row with Sidebar – Adds quick navigation to Sliding Row (new)
- On an Image – Arrange files on top of any image (updated)
- Revolve – Bring one file into focus at a time (updated)
- Sliding Row – Display files in a row (updated)
There’s no installer for these new layouts as they are cross-platform and language-dependant. They come as a PDF Portfolio! The Portfolio is organized into folders for each language. There will also be a Read Me PDF for each language. To preserve your own sanity, please do read it first! That will tell you where you need to move the .nav files to. The .nav files are the layouts that you see in the Create PDF Portfolio mode in Acrobat 9 Pro and Pro Extended.
Well, enjoy using them! They should give you many more options for how you collect together and present various documents. And if you would like to check out some more actual PDF Portfolios take a look at the work Technology Review did…