_uacct = “UA-1416026-2”;
_uacct = “UA-1416026-1”;
Recently we sent out an update to Acrobat and the Adobe Free Reader that bumped the revision to 8.1and I have been asked what is the big deal and why should I run the update, well below is a short list of all the goodies that are in this point release, it ain’t just bug fixes!
_uacct = “UA-1416026-2”;urchinTracker();_uacct = “UA-1416026-1”;urchinTracker();
The Adobe Acrobat 8.1 update fixes a number of issues that were discovered after the release of Adobe Acrobat 8.0. The Acrobat 8.1 update is a patch release for Adobe Acrobat Professional and Standard and the Adobe Free Reader. This also parallels the release of Acrobat 3D Version 8 witch I have already covered in an earlier post. But for enquiring minds here is the info:
New features in Adobe Acrobat 8.1
New operating system support:
- Windows XP 64-bit edition
- Windows 2003 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit editions
Note: There is a known issue with 64-bit versions of these operating systems which causes the Adobe PDF Printer to not work correctly. Microsoft has released a Hot Fix for this issue which is documented in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article #930627 available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930627. Adobe has tested and will support the Adobe PDF Printer with this Hot Fix installed.
- Vista Preview Handler: Preview Handler is a new user interface for viewing PDF files in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista and Windows XP, as well as in Windows Explorer on Windows Vista. Preview Handler must be turned on in both applications.
- Microsoft Office 2007 support.
- PDF printer driver in Vista supports high quality PDF creation.
- PDFMaker Office 2007 PDF Creation.
- Option to create Quick and Simple PDFs from Word 2007.
- New PDFMaker Ribbon UI in Office 2007.
- Mac OS X version now includes Flash MPP for improved support for Flash files with multimedia on Mac OS.
- InDesign Plug-In update supports communication with InDesign for Creative Suites 3.
- Option to print documents to a FedEx Kinko?s office in the USA. English only.
- Direct render of Dynamic forms
- FIPS 140 Support
New features and issues addressed in the Adobe Reader 8.1 Update
- New features in Adobe Reader 8.1
- Issues addressed by the Adobe reader 8.1 update
The Adobe Reader 8.1 update fixes a number of issues that were discovered after the release of Adobe Reader 8.0. The update is available as a full Adobe Reader 8.1 installer and can be download from the Adobe website.
New features in Adobe Reader 8.1
New operating system support:
- Windows Vista 32-bit edition
- Windows Vista 64-bit edition
- Improved forms performance.
- Acrobat 8 3D support: Precise CAD data (PRC), Product Manufacturing Information (PMI).
- Integrated FedEx Kinko’s Print Online: Send any PDF directly to FedEx Kinko’s Print Online for printing.
Whew! Alot of busy programmers, but you can expect that, this has been a crazy time with new operating systems from Microsoft and Apple, new platforms in MacTel, it has been a challenge. We are focused on getting you the best solution on the market as fast as possible. And as I always say, please put some life in your life!