A recent study suggested that advertising through social networking media is not only cheaper, but more cost effective than a national advertising campaign. That’s certainly true if trying to attract the attention of the younger generation. Here are a few factoids that may be of interest:
- 96% of millennials have joined a social network (people born since 1970)
- Social media is the #1 activity on the Web
- 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices
- Facebook added 100 million users in 9 months
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s 3rd largest
- There are over 200m blogs
If this is true, and Stephen Heppell seems to think so ……..
“We are, as I have often reflected, facing the death of Education, but are very much at the dawn of Learning. 21st century Learning looks pretty exciting and today’s leaners, with today’s pocketable personal connected ICT, are showing us very, very clearly just how good learning might be. We ignore that at our peril.”
…… then we all need to get our message out through multiple channels.
Did you know that Adobe Education is on twitter? Why not follow us by signing up at: adobeukedu?
- Follow us http://twitter.com/adobeukedu
- Top 20 Educational Tweeters http://www.creativeeducation.co.uk/blog/index.php/2010/11/20-top-educational-tweeters/
- 20 Top Educational Tweeters: EdTech http://www.creativeeducation.co.uk/blog/index.php/2011/01/edtech-tweeters/
- Top Twitter Hashtags for Teachers: http://www.creativeeducation.co.uk/blog/index.php/2010/12/top-twitter-hashtags-for-uk-teachers/