With the large number of schools that have either become an academy or are now applying, an increasingly common question is ‘What are the licensing implications?’ First though it is necesary to explain the problem ……
When a school becomes an Academy they may or may not change their name. However, what they always do is change their status to become a Limited Company. An Academy will be run by a charitable compnay limited by guarantee and known as ‘the Academy Trust’. As a company it will be subject to company law and to the requirements of the Registrar of Companies (Companies House). In other words the school undergoes a complete change of status. For those schools converting in April, they will close as a school on March 31 and open on April 1 as an Academy Trust.
So, what are the implications for assets such as software licences? Many organisations will require a formal licence transfer, but this could create a huge administrative overhead for customers and partners, so instead we are asking schools/academies to provide the information necessary to complete a ‘Change of Name’ form that is much quicker and simpler.
The attached is the form which we will submit on behalf of the customer once all the details are complete.
ACON - Change of Name Form
As master CLP framework agreements are renewed, so we would like customers to sign-up as self-enrolled affiliates. This has a number of customer benefits including:
- Unique CLP agreement number for each institution
- Institutional access to the Adobe Licensing Web Site to check purchases and support asset management
- Individual choice for upgrade plan options – a single 2 year payment or two annual payments
- Improved access to customer services and technical support
To help partners support their customers, the attached step-by-step guide has been created with screenshots of the enrolment process.
Master CLP Enrolment Process
Adobe is transitioning to a global online channel administration system to track and measure MDF investment in the channel. The new system will provide the following services:
- Online submission and tracking of activity requests, claims, proof of performance and activity results
- Uploading of supporting documentation
- Status notifications for activity and claim approvals
- 24×7 system access and online support
- Review of claims including auditing of proof of cost, proof of performance and verification of adherence to guidelines
The Adobe Channel Administration Portal (ACAP) will be used for all Q2 & future marketing spend with our channel partners. We are running a training session on the new ACAP on 4th & 6th April at 2pm – full details can be found at: https://events.adobe.co.uk/cgi-bin/event.cgi?eventid=11022&country=uk
The most appropriate person within our Channel partners should attend the training session as Adobe will no longer be issuing purchase orders for marketing activities (as we have previously done).