If you find yourself in a competitive situation with Fianl Cut Pro, these facts and figures will be of use.
Adobe Premiere Pro beat Final Cut Pro to 64-bit on the Mac platform by more than a year, introducing the breakthrough Mercury Engine and much more. Here’s how the market has reacted… Summary of the numbers we are sharing with the public:
- Adobe’s Professional Video Business grew 22% year-over-year (compared to Apple’s stated 15 percent growth in Pro Video) – the video industry on the whole grew on average of 7% year over year.
- 30% growth of actual unit volume. (seats of software)
- 44% revenue growth on the Mac Platform in the past year.
- 45% growth on Mac unit volume
- Growth Premiere Pro of over 1.5 million seats to 2.3 million in 2010 (compared to Apple’s stated ”just over 2 million”)
- This does not include legacy seats and is not based on upgrades.
- Its completely new software seats of Premiere Pro.
It’s worth watching Jim Guerard’s video about the vision for pro video here: