I’m excited to announce that yesterday afternoon we launched a new show on Adobe TV focused on helping students create their personal brand and go beyond the resume by using Adobe software to package their work in engaging portfolios for PDF, the web, print, and the iPad.
This topic of a personal brand is a theme we heard from students through our ELA pilot program research at UC Berkeley and Academy of Art.
Check out the new show here: http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-and-your-voice/
A few highlights about these resources:
- 14 episode series with 4 sections:
- Create a personal brand (logo, business card, and poster)
- Create a PDF Portfolio
- Create a web portfolio
- Create an InDesign portfolio for output to print, PDF, and the iPad
- All episodes have sample assets to go with them so students can actually use the files to follow along with the tutorials and then create their own brand
- We have a really cool working iPad version of the final student portfolio as an example.
Wow ……. what a great resource this is!
Hidden away there is a goldmine of resources for students and educators, many of which have been developed specifically for Education by Adobe Education Leaders (AELs). Please encourage your customers to review the wealth of material at:
As an example there is a set of resources for Higher Education. Resources range from the value of CS5 in Education to the use of specific products such as Production Premium or Acrobat. Direct your customers to:
The video clipos are typically very short; a few minutes at most. They cover all aspects of using Adobe products, so a bit like YouTube you can always find that ‘how to’ instruction somewhere on Adobe TV. So if you want to find resources by product, go to channels at:
Here you can navigate directly to K-12 or HE resources; alternatively Web Design or Photo Editing. Why not include a link to Adobe TV on your web site and promote these resources in your next customer newsletter?