The New Acrobat X is finally here!
What can it do for education? That’s a good question as many customers are not aware of the benefits Acrobat can bring to educators, students and institutions. Here are a few ideas:
- Streamline administration and management using forms
- Reduce cost and time by automating regular tasks e.g. risk assessments, resource requests, IT call logs
- Archive older documents in an industry standard format
- Create multimedia documents and distribute in a single, ubiquitous format
- Integrate with SharePoint and the institutional Learning Platform
- Streamline curriculum adminsitration and management
- Create materials for use within the institutions Learning Management System
- Share student ePortfolios between institutions and departments
- Increase productivity leaving more time for teaching and learning
- Create a rich multimedia ePortfolio
- Create, collaborate and share with fellow students
- Transport achievements and personal records between institutions in a standards based format
Here is a quick list of new and improved features:
New user interface
- The Interface tool pane brings top user needs out front
- Customizable Tool Bar
- Tools Pane reveals most useful tools to improve productivity
- Tools and Tasks are easier to access
- HUD display provides more real estate for viewing
Amazing document repurposing
- New export options allow for Word and Excel options including headers, footers, and worksheets
- New scanning engine improves accuracy and file size
- Efficient tagging and reflow ensure viewing and access on a variety of screens
A more versatile collaboration environment
- Commenting tools are in a convenient location in UI
- Markup extends to video and 3D in composite PDFs
- Reader X users can use sticky notes and highlight tools
- SharePoint is fully supported so PDFs can be checked in and out as well as part of an Acrobat workflow.
The next generation of PDF Portfolios
- New Portfolio environment built on Flex 4
- New Support for Accessibility and MSAA compliant devices.
- Easy to customize AX for user – background image, themes, header
- Developers can create new layouts with plug-in for Flash Builder
- Creatives can create new visual themes with Illustrator templates and Flash Pro
- Allow addition of Web content including Embed Code for video to be viewed directly in Portfolio
- Save PDF Portfolios as websites and placed on web for preview in browser before deciding to download.
- Perfect compliment to LMS/CMS systems
- Each PDF’s page can be previewed without opening actual document. When document is opened from portfolio, it is fully dynamic.
Guided Actions - Guided Actions are scriptable batch processes that can easily be made and shared so that groups of users can benefit from improved compliance and best practices
- Great for group efficiency
- Supports Java Script
- Great to ensure best practices across the institution
Enterprise deployment for Windows and Macintosh environments.
- Windows deployment is made easier with an improved customization wizard
- Macintosh clients can now be deployed using the popular Remote Desktop application.
In the coming weeks check back for more previews including tips, tricks, and tutorials!
Also be sure to visit www.AcrobatUsers.com for the latest links to everything Acrobat.