Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs. A new version of InDesign CC (9.2) is available now. It comes with several enhancements, bug fixes, and a brand new feature.
To install InDesign CC
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Click Download Center in the top navigation bar.
- Click Download icon next to the InDesign icon.
- On the InDesign product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What’s new and changed in InDesign CC 9.2
Typekit Desktop Font Integration
Typekit desktop fonts are now fully integrated with InDesign. With this seamless integration, Creative Cloud customers can now easily:
- Find missing Typekit fonts in your documents and sync those fonts from Typekit.
- Browse and add new fonts from the Typekit Website.
- Find your synced Typekit fonts quicker in the Font menu with the new Typekit font filter.
The major pain points around creating, editing, and managing hyperlinks have been addressed in this release of InDesign:
- Creating a hyperlink in InDesign is now incredibly simple. You can create a hyperlink with just a right-click gesture.
- Hyperlinks now have a separate Hyperlink character style – blue and underlined.
- Edit hyperlinks from right-click menu.
- Quickly identify errors in your hyperlinks with traffic light indicators.
- Quickly navigate to the hyperlinks within your document from the hyperlinks panel.
- You can now create footnotes that popup over the page you’re reading.
- InDesign now provides more accurate representation of exported text color, tables, and nested styles in the exported doc and the CSS.
- The CSS handling of native InDesign objects, images and groups has also been improved.
- New support for additional list types and text align last within CSS properties.
- Create books for the Japanese market with improved support for Ruby, J Vertical Composition which includes TCY and Auto TCY.
- Create books for the Arabic market with more complete handling of right to left direction languages.
Critical bug fixes
- Marked improvement in cross-references performance.
- Text selection or highlight behavior is restored (similar to CS6).
- Active preflight profile appears in the document status bar.
- The Color Theme setting now does not automatically get reset to Medium Dark on updating InDesign.