Archive for category Creative Cloud
Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs. A new version of InDesign CC (2014) is available now. It comes with several enhancements and critical bug fixes.
To install InDesign CC 2014
- Go to www.adobe.com, and Sign in with your Adobe ID – click Sign In in the top global navigation bar.
- In the left navigation panel, click Desktop under Apps.
- In the Desktop Apps page, navigate to InDesign and then click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download and installation.
What’s new and changed in InDesign CC 2014
InDesign now supports automatic as well as manual migration of local settings from previous release to current release.
Enhanced support for Fixed Layout and Reflowable EPUB Export:
- Fixed Layout: InDesign now supports this format that is interesting and interactive. This format is used widely for children’s eBooks and for complex non-fiction like cookbooks and textbooks.
- Customizable object width and height in CSS: You can now customize the height and width of an object in a CSS file in the Object Export Options dialog box.
- Improved CSS support for table and cell styles: Table and cell styles now get mapped appropriately to the CSS.
- Enhanced metadata controls: You can update the file info or metadata of your InDesign file and the same EPUB data gets populated in both Reflowable/Fixed Layout tabs.
- New EPUB type markup: Additional accessibility support in EPUB through epub:type attribute.
To see the list of all EPUB enhancements in InDesign CC 2014, refer to InDesign_EPUB_Changes_CC_9.2_to_10.0 pdf.
Drag and drop table columns and rows
You can now simply drag-and-drop table rows and columns from one position to another within the same table.
You can now create and manage color groups in InDesign. Simply create Color Groups from the Swatches panel through the new Color Group icon or from the flyout and context menu.
The Find/Change dialog in InDesign now has two search direction buttons – Forward and Backward. As search forward is enabled by default, you can switch to Backward to reverse the flow of the search. .
You can now apply text wrap to an anchored or floating object that is part of a footnote. This enhancement works on both rectangular and non-rectangular text frames.
Effects such as drop shadows properly scale as you change the scale of an object or text. With the new Scalable Effects feature, an option to scale the transparency effects while scaling an object has been added in the Control panel and Transform panel flyout menus.
InDesign now makes it possible to share your creation on Behance by click of a button. The sharing happens in form of spreads exported as images.
Enhanced package with IDML and PDF
You can now include a PDF and IDML file in any package created from InDesign for individual documents.
QR Code support within data merge
You can now place a data source containing a QR code in a merged document. The QR code workflow is integrated with the merged document.
HiDPI support for Windows
InDesign now supports HiDPI for Microsoft Windows across a wide variety of DPI display settings.
What’s new dialog
Now an in application what’s new dialog greets you with content that provides information about the new features in this release. You can click a link to learn more about the feature.
More on What’s new in InDesign CC 2014.
In this episode of Adobe Creative Cloud TV, Terry White shows you how to get started with Adobe InDesign CC and the 10 things beginners want to know how to do.
In a little less than 44 minutes (a bit long, but worth every second), Terry White will take you through:
Creating a new document, placing graphics, fitting graphics in frames, adding text, formatting text, working with swatches, creating and applying styles, adding page numbers, wrapping text, and exporting to PDF. In addition, there are lots of tips and tricks thrown in.
If you’re new to InDesign and just getting started, these are probably the best 44 minutes you can invest in.
Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs. A new version of InDesign CC (9.2) is available now. It comes with several enhancements, bug fixes, and a brand new feature.
To install InDesign CC
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Click Download Center in the top navigation bar.
- Click Download icon next to the InDesign icon.
- On the InDesign product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What’s new and changed in InDesign CC 9.2
Typekit Desktop Font Integration
Typekit desktop fonts are now fully integrated with InDesign. With this seamless integration, Creative Cloud customers can now easily:
- Find missing Typekit fonts in your documents and sync those fonts from Typekit.
- Browse and add new fonts from the Typekit Website.
- Find your synced Typekit fonts quicker in the Font menu with the new Typekit font filter.
The major pain points around creating, editing, and managing hyperlinks have been addressed in this release of InDesign:
- Creating a hyperlink in InDesign is now incredibly simple. You can create a hyperlink with just a right-click gesture.
- Hyperlinks now have a separate Hyperlink character style – blue and underlined.
- Edit hyperlinks from right-click menu.
- Quickly identify errors in your hyperlinks with traffic light indicators.
- Quickly navigate to the hyperlinks within your document from the hyperlinks panel.
- You can now create footnotes that popup over the page you’re reading.
- InDesign now provides more accurate representation of exported text color, tables, and nested styles in the exported doc and the CSS.
- The CSS handling of native InDesign objects, images and groups has also been improved.
- New support for additional list types and text align last within CSS properties.
- Create books for the Japanese market with improved support for Ruby, J Vertical Composition which includes TCY and Auto TCY.
- Create books for the Arabic market with more complete handling of right to left direction languages.
Critical bug fixes
- Marked improvement in cross-references performance.
- Text selection or highlight behavior is restored (similar to CS6).
- Active preflight profile appears in the document status bar.
- The Color Theme setting now does not automatically get reset to Medium Dark on updating InDesign.
For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan. It includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available, 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration, and a Behance ProSite. And its just USD. 9.99/month when you sign up for a one-year plan, but you need to join by
December 08, December 31, 2013. Questions? See our FAQ and terms.Photoshop CC .The industry standard for digital image processing and editing, Photoshop delivers a comprehensive package of professional retouching tools, and is packed with powerful editing features designed to inspire.
Select the drop down to see what it costs in your region. Head over to Photoshop Photography Program : Adobe Creative Cloud.
You can print or download invoices for your Creative Cloud purchases.
When you sign in to your Adobe account, you see all payment details grouped by a particular order date. The order date reflects the date on which you made your first payment for the subscription. All the subsequent payments for the same subscription are grouped under the same order. You can expand the order date and see all payments listed by the billing dates. For a particular billing date, you have the option to print an invoice.
For detailed step-by-step instructions, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/print-creative-cloud-receipt.html.
To manage all aspects of your Creative Cloud membership or subscription, see Manage your membership and payments | Creative Cloud.