Archive for category Creative Cloud
Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs. A brand new version of InDesign CC is available now. It’s faster, sharper, and part of Adobe Creative Cloud.
To install InDesign CC
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Click Download Center in the top navigation bar.
- Click Download icon next to the InDesign icon.
- On the InDesign product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What’s new and changed in InDesign CC
InDesign CC comes with several enhancements and new features:
- Modern UI: InDesign is now available with a dark theme by default. This theme enables a more pleasant visual experience, especially while working with rich colors and designs.
- Faster performance: InDesign, InCopy, and InDesign Server are all now 64-bit applications. This speeds up processes, and makes it easier to work with several large files at a time.
- HiDPI and Retina display: InDesign now includes native support for high-resolution displays. This feature is currently available for the Mac OS (for example, the MacBook Pro with Retina display).
- Quick access to fonts: Search fonts by any part of the name, see fonts with families in a sub-menu, apply font selection by arrow keys to the selected text, and manage your favorite fonts.
- EPUB enhancements: EPUB Export workflows have been simplified: several improvements in the existing features, additional control while authoring, and a few brand-new features. Now you have greater control over the table of contents and CSS export, and CSS editing is simpler.
- QR Code generator: You can now generate and edit high quality independent QR code graphics from within InDesign. These are vector codes, and you can resize them without compromising quality and copy them into applications like Illustrator.
- Adobe Exchange panel: The new Adobe Exchange panel is now an in-app experience for you to explore and discover content, plug-ins, and scripts that you can purchase or download for free.
For more information on what’s new in InDesign CC, see What’s new in InDesign CC.
Learn InDesign CC (Adobe TV videos)
The latest refresh to Creative Cloud is now available! You can read the announcement on the Creative Cloud blog.
With this release, Creative Cloud becomes even better. Several app and services have significant updates, loads for features to make your creative endeavors faster and more efficient.
There are significant updates to the Creative Cloud.
- A gazillion new features in your favorite apps, such as Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and many many more
- A new intuitive Creative Cloud app for your desktop
- To install apps and manage updates without leaving your desktop
- Connect and keep up with your creative network on Behance
- Share your work on Behance from within apps, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom
- A redesigned, more intuitive, Download Center on http://creative.adobe.com
- Sync Colors with Kuler app
- Sync settings and app preferences across multiple computers via the Creative Cloud
To read all about these and other information, see What’s new in Creative Cloud.
If you’re already a Creative Cloud customer, get started and download the latest apps and start creating! We’ve made it a little simpler for you. Your existing Adobe Application Manager will auto-update to the new Creative Cloud app for your desktop. Once the update is complete, you can download and update your apps.
If you’re impatient enough to not wait for the auto-update and want the new app at once, head over to the Download Center, and install the Creative Cloud app.
In case you need help, see Creative Cloud Help.
Not a Creative Cloud member yet?
And wonder what all the fuss is about. Don’t worry, head over to https://creative.adobe.com/plans/ and join as a free member. You can download and use the apps for a free trial period of 30 days.
Record, edit, and create audio files with Adobe Audition’s comprehensive set of waveform, spectral display, and multitrack tools. This powerful sound editing program is designed to accelerate audio production workflows while maintaining the highest standards for sound quality. The newest version, Adobe Audition CC is now available.
Install Audition CC
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID
- Click Download Center in the top bar
- Click Download icon next to the Audition icon
- On the Audition product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
What’s New in Audition CC
This version of Audition is power packed! Some of the new features are:
- Sound Remover effect to remove unwanted audio sources from a recoerding
- Click/Pop Eliminator effect to remove microphone pops, clicks, light hiss, and crackles.
- Generate white, pink, gray and brown noise
- Scientific Filter effect
- Stereo Expander effect
- TC Electornic Loudness Radar meter
- Pitch Bender and Pitch Shifter effects
- Preview Editor to see in real-time what the modified audio looks like
- Frequency Band Splitter
- Phase Analysis
- Smart Track Colors
- Upload to SoundCloud
- …and many more… (This list is becoming too long)
For the complete list and details, see What’s new in Audition CC
Not a Creative Cloud Member yet?
Sign up for a free account and try any of the new CC desktop apps for 30 days, as well as a selection of services.
What is Adobe Kuler?
Kuler is a cloud-based application for creating color themes or color palettes using an iPhone or your browser. You can search, explore, and browse thousands of color themes in the Kuler community, and be inspired to create more color themes.
I never got around to talk in detail about Kuler. And when I did, I found that my colleague Mallika has already written an excellent piece. I might as well send you over to that excellent piece. Without much ado:
Adobe Kuler – capturing color inspiration!
I love colors and love to paint, so it’s no surprise that Adobe Kuler is my go-to app for color inspiration. Last week, Adobe announced the availability of the free Kuler iPhone app, and the new, revamped Kuler website. I’ve been playing around with the new website and the iPhone app, and I’m absolutely loving it!
Let’s do a quick tour of Adobe Kuler, its top features, and why I think every artist will enjoy Kuler.
Read on at Adobe Kuler – capturing color inspiration!
Learn more at www.adobe.com/products/kuler.html