Archive for category Design
Adobe Bridge provides you with centralized access to all the media assets you need for your creative projects. Batch edit with ease, add watermarks, and even set centralized color preferences—Bridge simplifies your workflow and keeps you organized. The newest version of Adobe Bridge CC is available now.
This version: Adobe Bridge CC has native 64-bit architecture to harness all the power of your computer. There is a slight change in the installation process though. It does not get installed by default when you install other apps such as Photoshop or Illustrator. You need to download and install it. After that you’re on familiar ground again.
To install Bridge CC:
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID
- Click Download Center in the top bar
- Click Download icon next to the Bridge icon
- On the Bridge product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs. A brand new version of InDesign CC is available now. It’s faster, sharper, and part of Adobe Creative Cloud.
To install InDesign CC
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Click Download Center in the top navigation bar.
- Click Download icon next to the InDesign icon.
- On the InDesign product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What’s new and changed in InDesign CC
InDesign CC comes with several enhancements and new features:
- Modern UI: InDesign is now available with a dark theme by default. This theme enables a more pleasant visual experience, especially while working with rich colors and designs.
- Faster performance: InDesign, InCopy, and InDesign Server are all now 64-bit applications. This speeds up processes, and makes it easier to work with several large files at a time.
- HiDPI and Retina display: InDesign now includes native support for high-resolution displays. This feature is currently available for the Mac OS (for example, the MacBook Pro with Retina display).
- Quick access to fonts: Search fonts by any part of the name, see fonts with families in a sub-menu, apply font selection by arrow keys to the selected text, and manage your favorite fonts.
- EPUB enhancements: EPUB Export workflows have been simplified: several improvements in the existing features, additional control while authoring, and a few brand-new features. Now you have greater control over the table of contents and CSS export, and CSS editing is simpler.
- QR Code generator: You can now generate and edit high quality independent QR code graphics from within InDesign. These are vector codes, and you can resize them without compromising quality and copy them into applications like Illustrator.
- Adobe Exchange panel: The new Adobe Exchange panel is now an in-app experience for you to explore and discover content, plug-ins, and scripts that you can purchase or download for free.
For more information on what’s new in InDesign CC, see What’s new in InDesign CC.
Learn InDesign CC (Adobe TV videos)
What is Adobe Kuler?
Kuler is a cloud-based application for creating color themes or color palettes using an iPhone or your browser. You can search, explore, and browse thousands of color themes in the Kuler community, and be inspired to create more color themes.
I never got around to talk in detail about Kuler. And when I did, I found that my colleague Mallika has already written an excellent piece. I might as well send you over to that excellent piece. Without much ado:
Adobe Kuler – capturing color inspiration!
I love colors and love to paint, so it’s no surprise that Adobe Kuler is my go-to app for color inspiration. Last week, Adobe announced the availability of the free Kuler iPhone app, and the new, revamped Kuler website. I’ve been playing around with the new website and the iPhone app, and I’m absolutely loving it!
Let’s do a quick tour of Adobe Kuler, its top features, and why I think every artist will enjoy Kuler.
Read on at Adobe Kuler – capturing color inspiration!
Learn more at www.adobe.com/products/kuler.html