Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs. A new version of InDesign CC (9.2) is available now. It comes with several enhancements, bug fixes, and a brand new feature.
To install InDesign CC
- Go to http://creative.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Click Download Center in the top navigation bar.
- Click Download icon next to the InDesign icon.
- On the InDesign product page, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What’s new and changed in InDesign CC 9.2
Typekit Desktop Font Integration
Typekit desktop fonts are now fully integrated with InDesign. With this seamless integration, Creative Cloud customers can now easily:
- Find missing Typekit fonts in your documents and sync those fonts from Typekit.
- Browse and add new fonts from the Typekit Website.
- Find your synced Typekit fonts quicker in the Font menu with the new Typekit font filter.
The major pain points around creating, editing, and managing hyperlinks have been addressed in this release of InDesign:
- Creating a hyperlink in InDesign is now incredibly simple. You can create a hyperlink with just a right-click gesture.
- Hyperlinks now have a separate Hyperlink character style – blue and underlined.
- Edit hyperlinks from right-click menu.
- Quickly identify errors in your hyperlinks with traffic light indicators.
- Quickly navigate to the hyperlinks within your document from the hyperlinks panel.
- You can now create footnotes that popup over the page you’re reading.
- InDesign now provides more accurate representation of exported text color, tables, and nested styles in the exported doc and the CSS.
- The CSS handling of native InDesign objects, images and groups has also been improved.
- New support for additional list types and text align last within CSS properties.
- Create books for the Japanese market with improved support for Ruby, J Vertical Composition which includes TCY and Auto TCY.
- Create books for the Arabic market with more complete handling of right to left direction languages.
Critical bug fixes
- Marked improvement in cross-references performance.
- Text selection or highlight behavior is restored (similar to CS6).
- Active preflight profile appears in the document status bar.
- The Color Theme setting now does not automatically get reset to Medium Dark on updating InDesign.
For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan. It includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available, 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration, and a Behance ProSite. And its just USD. 9.99/month when you sign up for a one-year plan, but you need to join by
December 08, December 31, 2013. Questions? See our FAQ and terms.Photoshop CC .The industry standard for digital image processing and editing, Photoshop delivers a comprehensive package of professional retouching tools, and is packed with powerful editing features designed to inspire.
Select the drop down to see what it costs in your region. Head over to Photoshop Photography Program : Adobe Creative Cloud.
You can print or download invoices for your Creative Cloud purchases.
When you sign in to your Adobe account, you see all payment details grouped by a particular order date. The order date reflects the date on which you made your first payment for the subscription. All the subsequent payments for the same subscription are grouped under the same order. You can expand the order date and see all payments listed by the billing dates. For a particular billing date, you have the option to print an invoice.
For detailed step-by-step instructions, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/print-creative-cloud-receipt.html.
To manage all aspects of your Creative Cloud membership or subscription, see Manage your membership and payments | Creative Cloud.
Whether you’re an editor who wants to create better motion graphics, a photographer who wants a painless way to manage video files, or a writer/producer who wants to take the hassle out of production management, these cross-product workflows show you how to get the most out of your Creative Cloud subscription.
Graphics & Audio workflows
Photoshop for video: The essential techniques http://adobe.ly/HLQnzz
Photoshop is not just for photos! This lesson shows how to use the essential Photoshop tools for working with video files. Learn to benefit from powerful lens correction and special effects features that are only possible with Photoshop.
Create crisp graphics for video in Illustrator http://adobe.ly/1crq688
Illustrator creates vector artwork that looks pin-sharp at any resolution. This makes it popular in video post-production for graphics creation. This lesson shows you how to create simple vector-based Illustrator files and import them to After Effects and Premiere Pro.
Quick and easy audio clean-up with Premiere Pro and Audition http://adobe.ly/1aaKtSE
Learn how easy it is to send audio clips straight from the Premiere Pro Timeline to Audition for superb audio clean up and multi-track mixing. Once in Audition, you can use powerful noise reduction and sound removing effects to improve the quality of your soundtrack. Then bring the audio back to Premiere with one click.
Prepare and batch process media with Prelude http://adobe.ly/1h1IZR7
Cut your ingest time significantly by using Prelude to get your media into your editing system. Prelude automates this important stage in post-production, letting you ingest individual media files or parts of media files, create multiple copies on different drives, batch-transcode, batch-rename and batch-assign metadata to whole groups of clips. You can even automatically verify that the files have arrived safely.
Organize your media and create a rough assembly with Prelude http://adobe.ly/1dr8ZAu
Save time by organizing your project in Prelude, before you open Premiere Pro. You’ll learn how much faster it is to use Prelude to organize clips into multiple bins, create subclips stored inside the media metadata, add comments, and even build a simple assembly to hit the ground running when you start your edit.
Script-based production management with Story and Premiere Pro http://adobe.ly/1gdiwi7
Adobe Story is far more than a script-writing application. Story knows the difference between interior and exterior scenes, recognizes character names, and can even keep track of props and special effects. All of this information can be used to automatically generate production reports and schedules. Learn how in this lesson.
Script-based video editing with Story http://adobe.ly/1fmYG10
The new Adobe Story panel in Premiere Pro introduces an incredible time-saver for editing dialog-rich projects. Learn a quick and easy way to connect script dialogue or interview transcripts from Adobe Story with video clips in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Apple announced the general availability of Mac OS X Mavericks today. The natural question to ask is, should I upgrade or not? Will my existing software work? Will my Creative Cloud apps continue to work?
Adobe and Apple have worked closely together to test Adobe® Creative Cloud applications and Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications for reliability, performance and user experience when installed on Intel® based systems running Mac OS X Mavericks. (v10.9). All Adobe CC and CS6 products are compatible, but a few products require updates to the latest builds to work properly. Adobe Photoshop® CS5, CS4 and CS3 were also tested with Mac OS X Mavericks and there are currently no major issues known..
Read the complete OS Compatibility and FAQs for Mavericks.
As with any new release of an OS, there may be unexpected issues that arise that were not discovered during testing. If you encounter any issues, please report them using the bug reporting form.
The excellent folks over at Illustrator responded to the issues that you’ve reported. They’ve uncovered two reasons why you might be having trouble.
- Due to Astute Vector Scribe plug-ins. See http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-crashes-mavericks-os-x-109.html
- Adobe Illustrator CS 6 fails to launch because of the requirement of Java at the runtime. See http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-crashes-mac-os-108x.html
Summarizing a couple of problems and solutions from the comments below:
- Problem with Open/Save dialog boxes – Try switching to List or Icon view in the File > Open or File > Save dialog (quickly – before it disappears). There seems to be an issue with the Cover Flow view (the one that looks like iTunes album covers). — Thanks, Meredith!
- With a release of any new OS, often default directory permissions are modified. This may cause trouble with older software. It may be worthwhile to check and grant read/write permissions to product folders.
- Photoshop + dual Monitors: Go to System Preferences, click Mission Control, and turn off “Displays have separate Spaces.” This will preserve the multi-monitor setup when you switch out of and back to an Adobe app.
- We have seen some reports that users are unable to sign in with the Creative Cloud app for desktop. For a resolution, see http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html
Illustrator update 17.0.1 is out today, 11/18/2013. To see details about this update see, Illustrator 17.0.1 Release Notes.