Posts Tagged Adobe Reader X
[ 07-Jan-2013: Post updated for Reader XI]
The short answer is Yes. Get Reader XI.
The long answer is also Yes.
- Add Sticky notes and highlights to any PDF using Reader X.
- All Commenting and Markup tools are available in Reader XI. So if you haven’t already, update to Reader XI.
In older versions of Reader, the complete set of commenting and drawing markup tools are available if:
- If the author has extended the PDF for Reader. Ask the author to save as Reader Extended PDF ( In Acrobat X or XI, File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Commenting & Measuring)
- PDF is under email review. (Email review automatically extends the PDF for Reader users)
- PDF is under a shared review workflow.
I hope that helps.
You’re used to using the Typewriter tool in earlier versions of Acrobat; and can’t find it now. Don’t worry, its still there in Adobe Acrobat X.
Choose Tools > Content > Add or Edit Text Box.
The Typewriter toolbar that you are familiar with displays. See Acrobat online help topic here to learn how to use the Typewriter toolbar.