Posts Tagged edit text
You can continue to edit text in PDF documents in Acrobat X. The functionality remains the same that you’re used to in earlier versions of Acrobat. You can edit the text, or change the text attributes.
The TouchUp Text tool is now called “Edit Document Text“, and is located under Tools > Content > Edit Document Text.
- To edit the text, click on the text and insert/delete the text. Acrobat X highlights the text that you’ve selected for editing.
- To modify text attributes, select the text, right-click and choose Properties. The TouchUp Properties dialog box opens.
- If you have lots of fonts installed on your system, it can take a little while before all of them are loaded. So be a little patient…
- You can edit text only if the font used for that text is installed on your system.
- If the font is only embedded or subsetted in the PDF, you can make changes to text attributes.
- Be aware of any legal issues if you’re using propriety fonts.
- It is more efficient to edit the source file if you’re planning to edit entire pages or document. This works best if you just want to touch up the text.
See Edit Text in Acrobat X online help for more details.