Posts Tagged Mac OS 10.9
Apple announced the general availability of Mac OS X Mavericks today. The natural question to ask is, should I upgrade or not? Will my existing software work? Will my Creative Cloud apps continue to work?
Adobe and Apple have worked closely together to test Adobe® Creative Cloud applications and Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications for reliability, performance and user experience when installed on Intel® based systems running Mac OS X Mavericks. (v10.9). All Adobe CC and CS6 products are compatible, but a few products require updates to the latest builds to work properly. Adobe Photoshop® CS5, CS4 and CS3 were also tested with Mac OS X Mavericks and there are currently no major issues known..
Read the complete OS Compatibility and FAQs for Mavericks.
As with any new release of an OS, there may be unexpected issues that arise that were not discovered during testing. If you encounter any issues, please report them using the bug reporting form.
The excellent folks over at Illustrator responded to the issues that you’ve reported. They’ve uncovered two reasons why you might be having trouble.
- Due to Astute Vector Scribe plug-ins. See http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-crashes-mavericks-os-x-109.html
- Adobe Illustrator CS 6 fails to launch because of the requirement of Java at the runtime. See http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-crashes-mac-os-108x.html
Summarizing a couple of problems and solutions from the comments below:
- Problem with Open/Save dialog boxes – Try switching to List or Icon view in the File > Open or File > Save dialog (quickly – before it disappears). There seems to be an issue with the Cover Flow view (the one that looks like iTunes album covers). — Thanks, Meredith!
- With a release of any new OS, often default directory permissions are modified. This may cause trouble with older software. It may be worthwhile to check and grant read/write permissions to product folders.
- Photoshop + dual Monitors: Go to System Preferences, click Mission Control, and turn off “Displays have separate Spaces.” This will preserve the multi-monitor setup when you switch out of and back to an Adobe app.
- We have seen some reports that users are unable to sign in with the Creative Cloud app for desktop. For a resolution, see http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html
Illustrator update 17.0.1 is out today, 11/18/2013. To see details about this update see, Illustrator 17.0.1 Release Notes.