A seminar topic focused on DRM and Digital publishing in Chinese.
(1) Talk about DRM technology (watermark, offline and online protection)
(2) Business models (how to pull & push customers by expiration, 1-shot, marketing by P2P, library, subscriber, blogger, POD, etc.)
(3) Case studies (sony, google, founder, zinio, mobile, apple, adobe).
A Chinese presentation about applying PDF in government
(1) Talk about how PDF goes to ISO standard and portable in government site
(2) Generalized usage in US (federal, IRS, FDA)
(3) Consistent format in India (18 languages)
(4) Cost saving in Australia
(5) To extend their business, PDF can be integrated with RIA, Flex and LiveCycle.
A Chinese presentation talks about RIA application.
(1) How the trend of RIA supports / replaces the Web
(2) Cast Studies (sony music, nike, adobe, etc.)
(3) Integration to Enterprise by streaming, workflow, connected desktop)
(4) Benefits to enterprise
A Chinese presentation focuses on Acrobat 8 families, Acrobat 3D and PMI.
Collaboration by Review (Models & PMI), Security, XML Metadata, 5C in Acrobat 8.
The major benefits to business are:
(1) Fasten the Collaboration between technical and non-technical people
(2) Fasten the time-to-market
(3) Security control of design / IP (no need to provide native CAD files)
(4) Supports PMI data for exchanging the design.
(5) Create 2D models (views) directly from 3D designs (no need to do poor quality screen capture again and again)
(6) Low cost implementation (no need to buy expensive CAD translators and viewers for different CAD formats)
(7) Integrate different CAD designs, project control materials into one PDF (portable, secure, low cost and it’s standard)
A Chinese presentation focus on 5C applications on Acrobat 8
(1) Create — built-in OCR (20+ languages) creates a hidden text PDF
— Email exporting / archiving by PDF
— AutoCAD export
(2) Combine — PDF packages (Just right click in your explorer and combine them)
— Then, use Bates Numbering creates a uniform report (header, footnote, pagination).
(3) Collaborate — Review & Comment online / offline
(4) Collect — Form design by Word / Illustratrator. Then use Acrobat’s Form Field Recognition or Designer.
— Collected information into a PDF package and export to Excel for statistical usage.
(5) Control — by password, digital signature and LiveCycle Rights Management (policy) Server
(6) Others: some showcases of Acrobat 3D