Based on material(s) of Dave Walker, Intesolv
I summarized it into a comparison sheet (Traditional Chinese) of Connect Pro vs. GoToMeeting.
Here is a deep introduction (Traditional Chinese) of Adobe LiveCycle ES2 in BPM usage.
• Company Profile
• BPM Concept / Definition
• Business Value – Adobe Technologies
• BPM Application
• Business Value – Adobe Advantages
• Developing tool – Design
• Developing tool – Direct Use
• Developing tool – Develop
• Platform (DB, application server)
• HA, load balancing, recovery
• Model Driven & Form Design
• Process Modules
• Process & Rule design
• BAM (Business activity monitoring)
• Organization management
• QA / Testing
• Task List
• Mobile support
Change Management and Process Improvement
• Euromoney and Dynamic form templates integration (XDP, DDX)
• Kane County and Multiple data applications (Guides, PDF, Workspace, Flash)
• Other references
I wrote a step-by-step tutorial (English) of PDF form submission without any coding
- using REST and Reader Extensions ES2
What’s my purpose?
- Imagine you have designed a PDF form using LiveCycle Designer. It’s quite easy even you are non-technical background.
- Without any coding, the only easier way for submitting this form is using Email. (e.g. mailto://someone@email_address)
- However, if you consider a large group of users and a centralized organization, you will prefer to submitting to a HTTP URL instead. (e.g. http://somewhere@url_address)
- But how can you do that? For example, It can be retrieved by “multipart/form-data” of the submitted data. Or writing a server-side code to handle the HTTP request and response.
- Here is the problem. Many users may don’t know how to implement. Even they’ve got the sample server code, they still don’t know how to handle and maintain it. This becomes a barrier in fast adaption.
- So I want to find a solution to support the non-coding integration.
- Without any coding.
- Minimize the learning curve to start our usage – only Designer and Workbench. It integrates front end, receiver, and processing services.
- Simple design concept – Drag & drop and Properties setting.
- Powerful tools.
- Form fields – Text, image, date, digital signature, button, paper barcode (1D, 2D), …
- Data connection (XML Schema, Web services, database, Adobe data model).
- Dynamic fields, Reusable form fragments, Validation, Action Builder.
- Version control (History), Process debug by Record and Playback.
- Endpoints (web services, API, email, watched folder, flex remoting).
- Wow. Is that wonderful ?
- For PDF form, we design it by LiveCycle Designer ES2.
- Besides the form fields, we place a submit button.
- It submits to the REST URL of LiveCycle process.
- For LiveCycle, we design a related process using Workbench ES2.
- Receive a PDF form as Input (default startpoint – REST).
- Extract the XML data (exportData operation).
- Save the XML to server (writeXML operation).
- Modify the XML data (Set Value service).
- Insert it back to the input PDF form and return it to user (importData operation).
- Note: I use the same PDF form as output is just for simplicity only. You can assign the output PDF for welcome letter, task record or report.
- Expected result:
- When an user submitted a PDF form to LiveCycle server, the system will save the extracted XML data. Then it modifies some fields and return a PDF back to the user.
Attached is the Traditional Chinese slide of LiveCycle eForm Case studies
1. Form Processing: Standard (PDF, XML), Front-end (Reader, Designer, Workbench),
Back-end (Foundation, Solution components), and Integration in LiveCycle
2. Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2 – Its function and comparison with Acrobat Pro
3. Australia PDF SmartForms – Huge ROI by Share form fragments while maintaining the Standard data schema
4. ROI of Financial dynamic PDF forms – AXA, Citi, Wachovia, RBC, HSBC, AIG, Nationwide, MetLife
5.Poland e-Deklaracje Desktop – Fast adaption by Adobe AIR and Reader across multi-platform
6.Kane County – Cover standardization and easy-to-use by building work processes of Flash and PDF forms
7. FAA – Form processing, management and document control
8. MFG.com – a great showcase of LiveCycle integration – Real-time dashboard (user behavior tracking), Online decision making (price beat), Users need Adobe Reader only (all documents and CAD are all converted to PDF), DRM security, and Content management (RFQ, Attachment, data source consolidation).
9. NATO – 70 data source with realtime content integration
10. NASDAQ, Morgan Stanley – Realtime transaction
This is the part 2 of Adobe Today briefing (Traditional Chinese).
Some interesting topics are selected.
1. What’s the statistical meaning of Flash usage?
- 70% in gaming
- 75% in video
- 85% in web
- 95% in Flash Player 10
- 95% in mobile
2. Examples of Flash usage
- Animation, Video, Application
3. News of Acrobat:
- How we promote e-Portfolio in Acrobat 9?
- A series of joint learning activities with Cheng Shiu University, Shu-Te University, Tainan University of Technology, Kun Shan University, I-Shou University. And the momentum is keep going …
4. News of Adobe Connect Pro
- PPT/PPTX, PDF, Flash support. Thanks to internal technologies of PPT-to-Flash and PDF-to-Flash. It’s the reborn of FlashPaper.
- moodle (LMS) support for easily manage the meeting, recording and scheduling.
- iPhone (apps) support. I think the coolest thing is this app is made of AS3 and exported directly by Flash CS5.
5. News of Flash Media Server
- NCAA, HBO Go, ABC, Fox, U2 on YouTube, ESPN3
A material (Traditional Chinese) of Educational e-Portfolio by Acrobat.
Including activities, references, applications, and resources.
A brief (Traditional Chinese) of Adobe Today for enterprise. From industry standards to product portfolios.
- Industry standards
- Enterprise architecture and benefits
- Acrobat Connect Pro
- Flash Media Server
- Creative Suite
Last quarter I hosted a seminar for government (Traditional Chinese).
It showed some key issues of document.
1. Ubiquitous of Adobe PDF
2. Three topics in Document management
- Archiving standard in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Europe, and Dubai.
- Automation (by PDF portfolio or LiveCycle): Merge, OCR, Header/Footer, Watermark, Encryption
- e-Form in US, Australia and local
3. Digital Signature – Dilemma in local. Successful usages in budget, court, FDA, and e-ID
4. Collaboration in India and e-Japan
5. Security / Privacy protection
Here is the Adobe LiveCycle ES2 and RIA introduction (Traditional Chinese).
1. The basic idea of ES2 = Less customization using building blocks
2. Benefit of Adobe RIA = Cross platform without other plug-in
3. Three key RIA = Adobe PDF, Flash and AIR
4. LiveCycle architecture = Over 55 fundamental components and many Application components
i.e. Fundamental components = email, database, ldap, file handling
i.e. Application components = schedule, document encryption, archiving, assembling, etc.
5. Three common usages of LiveCycle = Collaboration (in manufacturing), Forms (in government), and Dashboard (in financial)