The California State University at Northridge’s Conference on Disability is going on March 16-18, 2011, and Adobe is offering a number of sessions that we hope people will find interesting and informative, as well as offering opportunities to talk directly to Adobe’s accessibility team and product team members.
The event will feature several sessions and events that I want to provide some details for. Here’s our schedule of events:
Wednesday, March 16
- PDF Portfolios: Accessible Interactive Collections of Documents and Multimedia Files (WEB-1030) (8:00-9:00am Emma C)
- Accessible HTML with Adobe Authoring Tools (WEB-1052) (9:20-10:20am Manchester A – Adobe)
- Adobe® Reader® X and Screen Reader Access (WEB-1050) (10:40-11:40am Manchester A – Adobe)
- Accessible Web Conferencing with Adobe Connect (WEB-1053) (1:50:00-2:50pm Manchester A – Adobe)
- Using Adobe Acrobat® X Action Wizards for Accessibility Repair (WEB-1059) (3:10-4:10pm Manchester A – Adobe)
Thursday, March 17
- Advice from the Field: Processes that Work to Ensure PDF Accessibility (WEB-1056) (9:20-10:20am Manchester A – Adobe)
- Adobe Open Forum (WEB-1055) (1:50:00-2:50pm Manchester A – Adobe)
- Using Adobe® InDesign® to Author Accessible PDF (WEB-2060) (3:10-4:10pm Manchester A – Adobe)
Friday, March 18
- Accessibility Best Practices for Authors (WEB-1058) (9:20-10:20am Manchester A – Adobe)
- Adobe Flex Best Practices – What to Expect (WEB-2054) (10:40-11:40am Manchester A – Adobe)
- e-books with Adobe Digital Editions (WEB-1051) (1:50:00-2:50pm Manchester A – Adobe)
- HTML 5 and Flash – An Accessibility Comparison (WEB-2057) (1:50:00-2:50pm Manchester A – Adobe)
- New session: NVDA with Adobe Reader and Flash – Michael Curran & James Teh present an overview, highlighting NVDA’s advanced support for Adobe Reader and Flash. (3:10-4:10pm Manchester A – Adobe)
The following is not an Adobe session, but it is introducing a valuable resource in the form of a course on accessible Flash development, developed jointly by the Department of Veterans Affairs and SSB BART Group.
- Creating Dynamic, Interactive, Accessible Flash (WEB-2009) (Wednesday 1:50-2:50, Cunningham B)
Adobe will have several people at CSUN and will be attending the TweetUp as well as being available to talk between or after sessions. Please come introduce yourself and ask questions and share your thoughts.