Hot on the heels of our post earlier this week about the latest version of our app for Android, we’re pleased to share that Adobe Connect Mobile 1.7 is now available for BlackBerry PlayBook! You might recall we launched the initial version of this web conferencing app earlier this year and discussed it here.
Similar to our Android app, Adobe Connect Mobile for BlackBerry PlayBook now includes for the first time rich hosting capabilities, as well as enhanced video quality, an update to the user interface and improved navigation for added flexibility and ease of use.
Adobe Connect Mobile 1.7 provides users more complete confidence to host and participate in mobile conferencing anytime, anywhere:
Control meeting access from your mobile device
- The host can:
- Start and end meetings
- Accept or deny guests from entering meetings
- Enable or disable participant’s ability to broadcast their cameras and audio (VoIP)
- Promote or demote user roles to and from Host, Presenter, and Participant
- Remove users from meetings
- Control all active pods
- Start and stop content and screen sharing
- Create and edit content in the Notes pod
- Advance slides and animations (capability available to both Presenters and Hosts)
Enhanced user interface for ease of use, control
- New layout and controls allow meeting attendees to more easily:
- View all activity happening in the meeting at once
- Focus on an activity to enter input in Public Chat, Private Chat, and Polls
Adobe Connect Mobile 1.7 is available here in BlackBerry App World. Adobe AIR 2.7 or later is required.
Remember, we also have an Adobe Connect Mobile application for Apple iOS devices. You can find version 1.5 on iTunes Preview here. It will be updated soon to version 1.7, so stay tuned to our blog and @AdobeConnect.
For more information, visit our Adobe Connect Mobile User Forum on connectusers.com.
Please stay in touch with us in comments and on Twitter, and enjoy the app!
-Randah McKinnie, Principal Product Manager