Solution For Captivate 5 content (containing text animations) not working with the latest Flash player version
Ok some good news!!! the hot fix is ready. Here are the steps for using the hot fix:
1. Close Adobe Captivate 5.0 if already running.
2. Go to the captivate installation folder.
3. Find the file CPAnimationUtils.dll and rename it to CPAnimationUtils_old.dll.
4. Download the CPAnimationUtils.zip from here and extract the CPAnimationUtils.dll.
5. Place the extracted CPAnimationUtils.dll in the captivate installation folder.
6. Launch Adobe Captivate 5.0 now.
7. Open the projects which have text animations in them.
8. Just republish them and run the SWF in the latest flash player.
1. Close Adobe Captivate 5.0 if already running
- Go to Finder -> Applications->Adobe Captivate 5
- Right Click on “Adobe Captivate.app” ( the main executable)
- Click on “Show Package Contents” , this will open up another finder window
- In the new Finder window go to Contents -> Frameworks
6. Find the file CPAnimationUtils.framework and rename it to CPAnimationUtils_old. framework.
7. Download the CPAnimationUtils.zip from here and extract the CPAnimationUtils.framework.
8. Place the extracted CPAnimationUtils.framework in the Frameworks folder.
9. Launch Adobe Captivate 5.0 now.
10. Open the projects which have text animations in them.
11. Just republish them and run the SWF in the latest flash player.
So what will work?
– All cptx files, containing text animations, when republished with the hot fix will start working.
What will not work?
– Already published SWFs containing text animation will not work.
A demo showing how to apply the fix on MAC .