Update for Adobe Captivate is now available for Mac version — version 6.0.1 (Build 240), which is available for download through Help Menu > Updates… You can download it manually as well from http://adobe.ly/wJqYI, and install it. A bunch of key issues are addressed through this update including the following fixes.
- Output from Trial version – Before this update, content created through trial version of Adobe Captivate 6 would expire in 30 days from the project creation. With Adobe Captivate 6.0.1, the published outputs will expire in 30 days from the date of Publishing.
- Prior to this update, the learner had to click on the slide to enter text in TEBs or invoking click boxes through keyboard shortcut. This update fixes the TEB click issue.
- When slide transitions were used, Adobe Captivate projects and audio in version 6 were known to pause randomly. Audio was sometimes out-of-sync and Show/Hide of objects may not have worked as expected. These transition related issues are fixed with this build.
- Using version 6.0, iOS browsers could crash if an HTML5 course contained slides with large number of assets or if users were accessing a ‘heavy’ course from a SCORM-based LMS. The 6.01 Captivate update fixes these issues related to memory management of numerous or heavy objects in iOS HTML5 publications of Captivate projects.
- Multi-slide synchronized videos in SWF outputs no longer flicker while transitioning between slides with videos on them.
- Audio in Adobe Captivate projects now appropriately synchronize with slides on iOS6.
- Using version 6.0, Microsoft PowerPoint slides that were imported into Adobe Captivate and published to Flash SWF files could flicker between slides. This 6.01 update fixes the slide flickering issue for imported PowerPoint slides.
- Adobe Captivate no longer displays the error “Not a valid widget” when authors try to insert smart interactions
- When projects with video recordings (recorded using the additional recording option) were included in an Aggregator project using Captivate 6.0, only one of the videos played in the published output. The 6.01 Captivate update enables multiple videos in Aggregator projects.
For more detailed list of issues fixed in this update, visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-6-patch.html
If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below.